Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If there is a choice however, I think I’d prefer to swerve the pfeizer one in favour of the Oxford one.

Exactly what I said to my boss at the school I work at. The Oxford vaccine is based upon established science and I'd feel more comfortable with that in mind.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Phase 3 trials of J&J’s vaccine start at the Sussex amongst other places this weekend. I’m booked in for a Saturday for the first of two jabs.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
News saying this morning, the government have officially asked the MHRA for approval of the Oxford vaccine, and it will be ready for administration within a week of approval.

Now that's exactly the type of thing I want to read first thing on a freezing cold morning :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pfizer vaccine to be rolled out in 10 days time -if approved :clap:

https://twitter.com/Coronavirusgoo1/status/1332399714801770499?s=19

I’m still finding this utterly remarkable.......suspect the Oxford vaccine will follow pretty rapidly too. 3rd and 4th penalty takers have smashed it into the top corner, giving the (probably too short) keeper no chance

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wonderful. Also buried lower in the article they confirm that approval for the Pfizer vaccine is expected this coming week.

Hopefully Oxford follows soon and we can really get on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Moderna the final of the “big 3” initial vaccine candidates to apply for approval today.

Listening to a decent US podcast today “In The Bubble” with Andy Slavitt - he speaks to doctors and scientists and asks the sort of questions your average person would like to hear answered about the practical/real life implications of the various bits of news we hear on the virus.

On today’s podcast, his guest Ashish Jha (Dean of Brown University’s School of Public Health) suggested that he felt January-early February was the point where we’d see the tide begin to turn on this virus for good. So, 6-9 weeks. Not long in the grand scheme of things.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Moderna the final of the “big 3” initial vaccine candidates to apply for approval today.

Listening to a decent US podcast today “In The Bubble” with Andy Slavitt - he speaks to doctors and scientists and asks the sort of questions your average person would like to hear answered about the practical/real life implications of the various bits of news we hear on the virus.

On today’s podcast, his guest Ashish Jha (Dean of Brown University’s School of Public Health) suggested that he felt January-early February was the point where we’d see the tide begin to turn on this virus for good. So, 6-9 weeks. Not long in the grand scheme of things.

As always, you are our prized purveyor of positivity in these dismal days :bowdown:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
A scotch egg is a substantial meal..... :thumbsup:

All pubs reopen?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55129828

We've got a pub here in Bath whose only hot food are pizzas made-and-cooked on the premises, and there is a good debate being conducted about whether these ought to be defined as a 'substantial meal' for the purpose of opening the pub - after all, people go to proper restaurants and have a pizza!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Plus, let's be honest, a time of year when most of us aren't doing anything exciting which could end up being ruined anyway for the most part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here