Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Go up rock, see apes. Admire view of North Africa. Buy cheap fags and booze. Ummm...........

Been there once on business a few years ago and did all of that and very little else. Oh, I had a nice steak in the marina with a client before he suggested we visit a brothel just across the border. I declined to partake (honest!) but do keep in mind you wouldn’t be able to visit the brothel at this moment in time.

Ooh, I feel like Judith Chalmers on an episode of Wish you were here...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daily numbers - huge weekly % drop in deaths, and admissions dropping towards double figures and in hospital number updated. Relentless forward progress continues.

Infections - 2,144, rolling 7 day down 12.1%
Deaths - 27, rolling 7 day down 41.2% (90 in 7 days)
Admissions - 108, rolling 7 day down 14.4%
Jabs - 121k/257k, cumulative 34.8/15.9m
In hospital - 1,285

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Daily numbers - huge weekly % drop in deaths, and admissions dropping towards double figures and in hospital number updated. Relentless forward progress continues.

Infections - 2,144, rolling 7 day down 12.1%
Deaths - 27, rolling 7 day down 41.2% (90 in 7 days)
Admissions - 108, rolling 7 day down 14.4%
Jabs - 121k/257k, cumulative 34.8/15.9m
In hospital - 1,285

The rapidly accelerating reduction in deaths is surely very telling - we seem to have reached that point where the link between cases and deaths has been broken. Almost halving by the week now, a very strong signal that those most at risk are now being protected.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The rapidly accelerating reduction in deaths is surely very telling - we seem to have reached that point where the link between cases and deaths has been broken. Almost halving by the week now, a very strong signal that those most at risk are now being protected.

Vaccination of the most vulnerable first (and a large % have now had both doses) - and lo and behold very few people are dying any more, closely followed by the plummeting numbers going in to hospital (was 4,000 a day at the peak, now it's close to 100). Fantastic news and everything we hoped would happen.

saulth

May 28, 2020
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I don't recall it. Zero covid cases in Gibraltar (100% vaccinated) for three weeks in a row.

After two months of more or less unrestricted life, one thing is clear: Vaccines do work. There have been no active cases among Gibraltarian residents for three weeks now. The COVID ward of St. Bernard’s Hospital has seen two hospitalizations and zero deaths since March 14. If anyone still needs convincing that vaccination is worth it, they won’t find a better case study than “Gib.” Forget about the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s about leaving the tunnel far behind.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/04/gibraltar-covid-vaccination-safe.html

Vaccines are wonderful.

Jul 7, 2003
This was posted on LinkedIn by a former colleague:

The power of vaccination

3 weeks after my first Pfizer vaccination, my Roche Anti-SARS-CoV2-S quantitative antibody level was only 8 U/mL

3 weeks after my second vaccination the level is now off scale at >2,500 U/mL

It’s a great feeling to have confirmation that 2 doses of the vaccine makes such a difference

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More incredible vaccine effectiveness data - Qatar

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1390064064806760453?s=21

CE08C081-3978-4F09-A4A0-700947C8CFB2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here