Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Got mine on the third. Second jab gave me back ache so I’m hoping this one goes smoothly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was going to do a walk in to CS but then I saw the queues the other day. Much easier to book and stroll past the shivering, unwashed masses :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Got mine on the third. Second jab gave me back ache so I’m hoping this one goes smoothly.

I can never remember, is it the 2nd or the 3rd which is the one they put the chip into you for surveillance purposes? :D

Jul 7, 2003
Booster for me tomorrow and also my 16 year old daughter has been able to book her second jab which makes me feel better.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I've been banned from the Coronavirus forum, but [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] sure won't ban me from this thread for posting positive news surely :D

Omicron symptoms mild so far, says South African doctor who spotted it

Whilst this is yet to be scientifically confirmed to be a milder strain, it wouldn't be surprising, as so many previously severe viruses over time have mutated into milder strains that we have lived with our entire lives.

The strain could end up being a positive evolution in the timeline of the coronavirus pandemic.

Maybe my old age but where is Coronavirus forum. I have a question about boosters.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've been banned from the Coronavirus forum, but [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] sure won't ban me from this thread for posting positive news surely :D

Omicron symptoms mild so far, says South African doctor who spotted it

Whilst this is yet to be scientifically confirmed to be a milder strain, it wouldn't be surprising, as so many previously severe viruses over time have mutated into milder strains that we have lived with our entire lives.

The strain could end up being a positive evolution in the timeline of the coronavirus pandemic.

I was wondering about that earlier. Maybe that's how this pandemic will end- a more contagious, but far less serious version of the virus that sweeps through the world giving everybody the sniffles and then immunity to bad Covid. I think that's more or less what happened with the Spanish Flu - it's still around today but it gives you a runny nose instead of killing you.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I have no biology or science knowledge whatsoever, but I’m praying this is a plausible outcome. Along with, ideally, as humanity now has antibodies, it stops the ability for the thing to mutate. So it stays as it is for the long term, a nasty fluey thing, but survivable, and not entirely a bad thing if you do get it, meaning social life can revert to some sort of normality.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I have no biology or science knowledge whatsoever, but I’m praying this is a plausible outcome. Along with, ideally, as humanity now has antibodies, it stops the ability for the thing to mutate. So it stays as it is for the long term, a nasty fluey thing, but survivable, and not entirely a bad thing if you do get it, meaning social life can revert to some sort of normality.

Apologies for the Daily Mail link, but that’s a narrative that’s definitely being explored and is touched on below. Too early to know, but it appears to be a possibility and is a typical evolutionary path for most pathogens it seems.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-speed-end-pandemic-causes-mild-illness.html

Jul 7, 2003
So, good news is that I have my Pfizer booster yesterday to follow my two initial AZ jabs. Not so good news, had no reaction to the AZ but today I have a headache, general body aches and generally feeling like crap.

Still, hopefully be fine after a good nights sleep and a day of feeling like crap is far better than having full blown COVID.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So, good news is that I have my Pfizer booster yesterday to follow my two initial AZ jabs. Not so good news, had no reaction to the AZ but today I have a headache, general body aches and generally feeling like crap.

Still, hopefully be fine after a good nights sleep and a day of feeling like crap is far better than having full blown COVID.

My ex said the same but felt much better on the second day, hoping the same for you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here