Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funerals During Pandemic

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I worry that with so many predicted fatalities our morgues, undertakers, cemeteries, crematoria will struggle to cope. Add to that the possibility that we won't be able to gather together at funerals to send off our loved ones with dignity and grace.

Anyone know how this is going to be handled?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It said last night on the news that in Italy people are being cremated and no funerals. :(

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy.gif

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
1000+ people per day die In this country from non corona related causes. Get a grip!

Yes, but what happens when the number is double that each day? It doesn't take Sherlock to work out that there soon becomes a back log.
Channel 4 News last night showed a car park full of hearsts waiting for their turn at the crematorium.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Currently in Ireland only immediate family are allowed - the expectation is that rapid cremation will become the order of the day within the next couple of weeks if the death rate rises as expected.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Calling [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] ......

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
1000+ people per day die In this country from non corona related causes. Get a grip!

A close friend died in the middle of last year and there was a 5 week wait to get a funeral slot ..... and that was without it being winter and flu running around. So you dismiss the problem without any real thought.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I worry that with so many predicted fatalities our morgues, undertakers, cemeteries, crematoria will struggle to cope. Add to that the possibility that we won't be able to gather together at funerals to send off our loved ones with dignity and grace.

Congratulations! In the face of some very stiff competition you've just managed to achieve the most hysterical post of the day. Take a bow son :clap2:

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
A close friend died in the middle of last year and there was a 5 week wait to get a funeral slot ..... and that was without it being winter and flu running around. So you dismiss the problem without any real thought.

I didn’t mean to offend anyone and if I did I apologise, every single death is a tragedy, I guess that I’m still hoping we won’t get anywhere near that level due to this crisis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here