Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Funny isn't it ,The Smiths were one of those bands I never really listened to or appreciated back in the day, but have grown to really like them over the last few years.

:thumbsup:

Sadly it's the opposite for me. As a teen I adored The Smiths, but today I find it difficult to listen to them because Morrissey turned into such a racist f**ker. Still love Johnny Marr though! If I were one of the other members of the band I think I would be really angry at SPM for tarnishing the reputation of one of the best bands of the '80s.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
IMHO some of The Smiths stuff is brilliant, but there is quite a lot of rubbish too.

Agree, but then the same can be said of a lot of bands/artists, I can't think of many that I like everything they've ever produced. It's like albums, I can probably list on the fingers of one hand albums where I like every track on it, I expect a lot of people feel the opposite and love every track on every album they've ever owned, we're all different.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Agree, but then the same can be said of a lot of bands/artists, I can't think of many that I like everything they've ever produced. It's like albums, I can probably list on the fingers of one hand albums where I like every track on it, I expect a lot of people feel the opposite and love every track on every album they've ever owned, we're all different.

Good call, in my case Pink Floyd 1969 to 1977 only, wanted to punch Roger Water's lights out when The Wall came out, essentially an album about a millionaire moaning about being a millionaire...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good call, in my case Pink Floyd 1969 to 1977 only, wanted to punch Roger Water's lights out when The Wall came out, essentially an album about a millionaire moaning about being a millionaire...

I was a massive Floyd fan until Animals, the Wall was the nail in my dislike of Waters, although it does have some great tracks but Water’s had completely disappeared up his own arse by time that album came out. From the Piper at the Gates of Dawn right through to Wish You Were Here, had them all and I came close to wearing out the albums with repeat listening. Bloody love/loved them.

Inspired to have a listen to them all again now. Expect a Floyd song as my best song of the day tomorrow! :smile:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The lovely Sade, not only beautiful to look at but one of the smoothest, sexiest voices as well. Just listening to this has got me in the mood for a slow and sensual dance, I've offered the chance to Mrs BB but apparently we're going shopping instead.
:eek:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The lovely Sade, not only beautiful to look at but one of the smoothest, sexiest voices as well. Just listening to this has got me in the mood for a slow and sensual dance, I've offered the chance to Mrs BB but apparently we're going shopping instead.
:eek:

A smokey club late at night feeling to that song

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Still love and listen to Al Stewart, particularly the album that this song comes from. Not many song writers paint a picture as well as him imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaAlWraukBA

He was great. Saw him several times in concert with a band, the last one being at The Worthing Assembly Hall, about 30 years ago. Fantastic!. One criticism, his vocals were always a bit girly and never did it for me.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He was great. Saw him several times in concert with a band, the last one being at The Worthing Assembly Hall, about 30 years ago. Fantastic!. One criticism, his vocals were always a bit girly and never did it for me.

Lol, would you say the same about The Pet Shop Boys? Very similar voices imo. Know what you mean though, my wife thinks Al Stewarts voice is Twee

I saw that Worthing concert. Best was the one in Eastbourne around the time of Last Days Of The Century for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here