Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Always loved this song from when I first heard it in the late 60's by Fleetwood Mac.This recording by the late great Gary Moore was a tribute to Peter Green, who was present on the night Gary recorded it. And what a performance he gave, I can't believe it's been over 11 years since he died.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dreamy pop that's perfect for summer evenings.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Following on from Trevor's Happy song, this came on the radio the other day and can't get it out of my head, hadn't heard it for years. Happy, bouncy feel good song, and it made me smile......................... ...and it's good to smile! :smile:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Following on from Trevor's Happy song, this came on the radio the other day and can't get it out of my head, hadn't heard it for years. Happy, bouncy feel good song, and it made me smile......................... ...and it's good to smile! :smile:

Yes, that's got a cheerful tone although she seems to be kicking out a chap that she thinks is a bit of a perv. Yes, love this thread - I listen to it all and it takes us to diverse places , reminds you of songs , introduces you to things you hadn't heard (Harry for example), thanks for posting

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Yes, that's got a cheerful tone although she seems to be kicking out a chap that she thinks is a bit of a perv. Yes, love this thread - I listen to it all and it takes us to diverse places , reminds you of songs , introduces you to things you hadn't heard (Harry for example), thanks for posting

Couldn't agree more, in spite of what people think I do listen to all the songs posted and it has broadened by taste in music. I must admit when I used to see HWT''s long lists of artists/music that I'd never heard of, I would give them a wide berth. Very narrow minded of me I know, but this thread has made me listen more carefully and not be so dismissive of genres outside my comfort zone.
I expect this thread will eventually die out, hope it doesn't because I've really enjoyed it.
:thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Couldn't agree more, in spite of what people think I do listen to all the songs posted and it has broadened by taste in music. I must admit when I used to see HWT''s long lists of artists/music that I'd never heard of, I would give them a wide berth. Very narrow minded of me I know, but this thread has made me listen more carefully and not be so dismissive of genres outside my comfort zone.
I expect this thread will eventually die out, hope it doesn't because I've really enjoyed it.
:thumbsup:

Ha! I haven't posted for a couple of days 'cos it takes all my time listening to what everyone else has posted!
This is a brilliant lockdown thread. Hearing bands like The Verve again, bands I'd forgotten about :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here