Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I saw this guy at The Martlets in Burgess Hill, maybe a decade or 15 years ago? A Byrd in Burgess Hill! And actually I saw him again with Herb Pederson, same venue. But back to the video. A Byrd sings Dylan, plays Rickenbacker. And how cool is Marty Stuart. Nearly saw him in London a couple of years ago and definitely on my post Covid list.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
This appeared in my day today..... bought back some good memories. She also did this at gig in 2019 still looking good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I hope it went well :thumbsup:

I love that concert too. :bowdown:

All went well, just the bloods and Covid swabs before the main event (chemo) on Friday.

It’s quite weird, Mr Numan is a much respected, and covered, musician by his fellow artists, many cite him as a major influence on their careers. It’s just the record buying public that don’t seem to “get” him! A bit like another hero of mine, John Foxx.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All went well, just the bloods and Covid swabs before the main event (chemo) on Friday.

It’s quite weird, Mr Numan is a much respected, and covered, musician by his fellow artists, many cite him as a major influence on their careers. It’s just the record buying public that don’t seem to “get” him! A bit like another hero of mine, John Foxx.

Good!

And yes. Have you seen the clips online of 'Ruin' with his daughter on vocals? Here is the studio version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHomCiPFknY

I saw the Foxx version of Ultravox at the Rainbow in 77 and have been a big fan of Foxx ever since. :thumbsup:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I saw this guy at The Martlets in Burgess Hill, maybe a decade or 15 years ago? A Byrd in Burgess Hill! And actually I saw him again with Herb Pederson, same venue. But back to the video. A Byrd sings Dylan, plays Rickenbacker. And how cool is Marty Stuart. Nearly saw him in London a couple of years ago and definitely on my post Covid list.

I just happened to watch this on the Marty Stuart Show last weekend...and what a great band The Fabulous Superlatives are. Drummer played on the first two Steve Earle records and guitar player toured with Lucinda Williams in her glory years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think McGuinn played the Martlets in Burgess Hill a few times but I only saw him the there the once.

My Back Pages is one of my all time favourite songs and the Byrds certainly did the best cover but I am quite fond of this version too

https://youtu.be/-WGlfTc3NTE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here