Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Something very out there most people won't appreciate.

Russian deathcore band writing a song criticising Russia and the ongoing war in Ukraine.

If they return to their home country likelihood is they get jailed for up to 7 years showing the name of the song is quite apt, they had to wait until they had moved to the US to release the song safely.

Really on point lyrics and the genre is a great way of delivering messages with real passion.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Just can't help smiling when I hear this classic by The Elgins, saw them play live at Brighton's Top Rank Suite when they toured in 1971, they had the whole of the Suite dancing when they did this as an encore. Saw them after the gig and had a quick chat, got a kiss from the lead singer, the song ended up a Northern Soul classic.
:love:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Continuing with the folkie theme, this song is wonderful. And a local band too. Played this a couple of times already this morning. Brings a tear of joy to my eye and makes my feet want to dance and me sing along and play some crap rhythm guitar. That bit where the fiddle and tin whistle kick it along is just musical perfection to me. And what a voice. Makes me want to go to Lewes and join a folk club!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I reckon I hadn't heard this in 10 years or so, which is odd because it's got to be one of my favourite tracks from the 80s. A rediscovered gem - I never got round to learning the guitar, but this was my go-to for air guitar :)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Going to see them next week in Birmingham, so listening to some of their old albums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here