Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Terrific! :O

Can I ask a really silly question, why do some Rockabilly musicians (if that's the correct term) tend to call themselves Reverend?

I think it is obviously tongue in cheek, and a doff of the cap to the generalisation that back in the 50’s when it broke all tradition and was deemed a threat, the music and was coined “The devils music”

It’s a **** you, that and we are disciples of the devils music

Guessing all of the above...:lolol:

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Having just watched the Best James Bond - alright Skyfall comes close but a far better theme tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcdmq07u2T8

Hard to disagree about the theme tune with Matt's beautiful voice, but it made me revisit the Bond films and I kept coming back to Licence To Kill. The best Bond film? naahh, but what a theme tune by Gladys Knight, stunning.

Posting two today as I think You Only Live Twice is another great Bond theme that stays in your mind, and is beautifully sung by Nancy Sinatra. I fully agree with two of the comments about it on YouTube,

Imagine going in a cinema in the 1960s. The red curtains start to open .and this hauntingly beautiful music .fills the cinema. Now that must be heaven

The most melodically "pretty" of all the James Bond theme songs. A beautifully executed song, sung languidly by Nancy Sinatra. It enchants you into its melody, instead of hitting you over the head. Just listening to this reminds me of watching the sun set on a perfect day.

It was heaven, going to see the latest James Bond film back in the 60's was an event, a special occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here