Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Wolves (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6 -- not much to do
Montoya 6 -- solid, a few good things going forward
Webster 7 -- played really well (not that many on here will credit it)
Dunk 7 -- immense, again
Burn 6
Propper 5.5 -- not his best game
Bissouma 8.5 MotM -- best game for us, real energy, broke up so much play, passed well, drove forward -- unfortunately, kept up our CM standard with his shooting
March 5 -- poor miss
Mooy 7 -- better than his recent showings
Trossard 6 -- teamed up well with Mooy in the second half
Maupay 5.5 -- didn't really happen for him

Subs:
Jahanbakhsh 7 -- bright cameo, again
Mac Allister 7 -- encouraging

Let's hope this away point at Wolves achieves what last season's one did. This was such a determined, organised performance and demonstrates the team are together, playing for each other, the manager and the club

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ryan 6 -- not much to do
Montoya 6 -- solid, a few good things going forward
Dunk 7 -- immense, again
Burn 6
Propper 5.5 -- not his best game
Bissouma 8.5 MotM -- best game for us, real energy, broke up so much play, passed well, drove forward -- unfortunately, kept up our CM standard with his shooting
March 5 -- poor miss
Mooy 7 -- better than his recent showings
Trossard 6 -- teamed up well with Mooy in the second half
Maupay 5.5 -- didn't really happen for him

Subs:
Jahanbakhsh 7 -- bright cameo, again
Mac Allister 7 -- encouraging

Let's hope this away point at Wolves achieves what last season's one did. This was such a determined, organised performance and demonstrates the team are together, playing for each other, the manager and the club

Spot on.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Bissouma was more eye-catching but everything went through Propper. Not sure why he'd get a low rating after today's performance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Also made a thread with ratings but lets go with this one.

Ryan 7 - did what he had to do and looks increasingly comfortable with the ball at his feet

Montoya 6 - poor first half but completely locked the right wing in second half. One of the best as long as he does not have the ball.
Webster 6 - also poor first half, lots of small mistakes that could have been punished, but did very well in the second
Dunk 8 - great performance, unlucky card
Burn n/a - unusual amounts of trouble but in the end did well

March 6 - great defensive work compensates for his horrible end product
Bissouma 9 - easily the best performer on the pitch, flawless performance
Pröpper 4-7 - a bit up and down as always
Mooy 7 - good as always, great defensive performance and is by far the best passer in the team
Trossard 5 - did work hard but.... its just not really working for him

Maupay 7 - works his ass off and rarely make bad decisions, not very involved today though

Ali J & Mac Allister played too little but had some promising fun with tired Wolves defenders

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't understand the negative press re Propper, he's one of the best players we've got in my book.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't understand the negative press re Propper, he's one of the best players we've got in my book.

He is, but there is a few moments every game when he is one of the worst and since he doesnt really score a shitload of goals and assists, the negative standout moments are easy to remember.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Ryan - 7
Montoya - 7
Webster - 7
Dunk - 7.5
Burn - 7
Propper - 5
Bissouma - 8.
Mooy - 6
March - 6
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 6

Subs looked good... Maybe brought on a bit late..

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Because, he regularly loses the ball on the attack and leaves us exposed. I lost count of the times today where he could have moved the ball to a Brighton player nearby but messed up his flick and they broke. At least four times in the second half, and this is hardly the first game we've noticed it. He's great with time in possession but just doesn't have the control or first touch or security of pass in tight situations. Bissouma showed him how that role should be played today.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Oh, I agree, but just think he wasn't up to his usual standard today. He got outmuscled on a few occasions which left us badly exposed. Fortunately, Dunk and Webster mopped things up. Bissouma did a good job of screening things too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stats-based scores:

Whoscored:

Ryan 6,9

Monyota 6,7
Webster 6,8
Dunk 7,0
Burn 7,3

Mooy 7,3
Pröpper 6,6
Bissouma 7,8

Trossard 6,3
Maupay 6,1
March 6,6

Sofascore:

Ryan 7,3

Montoya 7,0
Webster 7,0
Dunk 7,4
Burn 7,0

Mooy 7,2
Pröpper 6,5
Bissouma 7,4

Trossard 6,4
Maupay 6,3
March 6,6

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Well I must be one of them.

Did you watch from half-time? He was awful in the first half, both positionally and with the ball.

Much better in second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Ryan - 7
Montoya - 7.5
Webster - 6.5
Dunk - 7.5
Burn - 7
Propper - 7
Bissouma - 8.5
Mooy - 7
March - 6.5
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 6

Potter - 7
Tactics worked well, good discipline, we worked really hard, doubled up well and stifled their dangerous attack well. Attacking subs were good but should have been made ten minutes earlier. Great point in the end.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ryan - 7
Montoya - 4
Webster - 6
Dunk - 7
Burn - 7.5
Propper - 7.5
Bissouma - 8
Mooy - 7
March - 5
Trossard - 6
Maupay - 6

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan 6 really give him any higher, all he had to do was marshall the defense and distribute the ball
Montoya 7 strong defensively and got forward but final ball lacking
Dunk 8 he is immense
Webster 7 just lacks concentration once or twice a game but played very well overall
Burn 7 I like him a lot, he is such a grafter and has a lovely touch, outsider for player of the year
Propper 7 such a great player, lovely vision and superb in the short pass but can’t help feeling he should dominate more games
Bissouma 8.5 his best game for the club, give him a run of games and see him thrive. One day he might even score a long range goal
Mooy 7 has not regained his early form yet and I think teams know that one of their first orders is to neutralize him to stop him running midfields
Trossard 6.5 will need a season to adapt to PL and I would play him more from the bench
March 6 a real grafter but lacks in that split second when it comes to making decisions, had so many high hopes for him and he is a good player but not the one we hoped for
Maupay 7 Didn’t get a chance today but he is a brilliant player constantly dropping back, harassing opposition and looking to make things happen
MacAllister 7 came on and instantly looked to make things happen, can’t wait to see the impact he makes when he gets in the team
Ali J 6.5 would have picked him over March today as he is getting more confident
Stephens N/S good to have such an experienced player to see the game through

Potter. Kept the same line up and I think it helped the team. Good substitutions and I think he will be happy with a point.

Away fans are brilliant and play an important role

Ref 7 pretty good didn’t piss me off once.

Wolves have done brilliantly since their return and I like their manager, Jimenez was a fantastic buy and shows you what you need to spend also taking a player or loan with an option to buy is good business, I think he cost 35 million and that is what you need to risk on a striker if you are serious about establishing yourself as a top 10 club although it is always a risk ( see Haller and Joelinton )

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
duplicate oost

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here