Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really..... i am not a fan or defender of Patel, but what guff.

The leader of the Labour, HM opposition party, along with his cult of personality momentum backers seem more than content to look the other way about all the support for Sinn Fein during the height of the troubles, his campaigning outside the court for the Brighton bomber, meeting with eastern block secret services, photo ops with Hamas and laying wreaths in remembrance of slain Terrorists, to even sticking up for Putin leader of the former Nirvana he aspires for the UK, by not condoning the Salisbury WMD on UK streets when the proof was irrefutable, even as other nations condoned it and made sanctions, HM opposition appeased, to presiding over the massive rise of anti Jewish Racism flourishing, unpunished and rampant under his leadership.

post truth, post shame Britain, par for the course.... you're not wrong.

Try reading out loud the middle paragraph of your post, it either sounds like Christopher Timothy advertising a Sun headline or a standard Daily Mail set of bullet points in one of their " explosive " investigations.

Alternately, have a few deep breaths and think about our beloved current leader......someone who conspired to get a nosey journalist beaten up, made a career out of lying about the EU commission, played tennis with a Russian émigré for a cash donation to the Conservative party, been to numerous all expenses paid parties at another Russian emigré's holiday home in Italy, refused to release the report in to Russian interference in the Brexit referendum and subsequent General Election, badly mishandled the detention of Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe while head of the Foreign Office leading to her continued detention. Then deriding Muslims, Homosexuals and other ethnic minorities in his regular columns in the Daily Telegraph while always claiming he was " misquoted" … lying about his " Oven Ready " Brexit deal, lying about 50,000 nurses, 20 new hospitals, paying for an abortion for his girlfriend while married and most recently spending 3 weeks over Christmas in Mustique paid for by someone who has subsequently denied paying for it while Jeremy Corbyn did his usual stint volunteering at the local homeless hostel.

I could go on, as you are probably well aware, Johnson has always ridden the wave of privilege blissfully ignorant and disinterested about the effects and results of his actions and inactions. Corbyn has made mistakes, as all people do but, quite often he has been on the right side of history. Remember how at PMQ's he was booed and jeered by Tory MP's for reading out letters from real people struggling on poor wages in the NHS, or struggling with Universal Credit ? He may not have cracked down hard enough on anti-Semitism in the Labour Party but he certainly has not documented any racism in the manner of Johnson.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Apologies for lowering the tone, but I don’t think I’ve ever felt more attracted to a lady of that vintage.
Her calamitous personality and questionable politics almost add to that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Try reading out loud the middle paragraph of your post, it either sounds like Christopher Timothy advertising a Sun headline or a standard Daily Mail set of bullet points in one of their " explosive " investigations.

Alternately, have a few deep breaths and think about our beloved current leader......someone who conspired to get a nosey journalist beaten up, made a career out of lying about the EU commission, played tennis with a Russian émigré for a cash donation to the Conservative party, been to numerous all expenses paid parties at another Russian emigré's holiday home in Italy, refused to release the report in to Russian interference in the Brexit referendum and subsequent General Election, badly mishandled the detention of Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe while head of the Foreign Office leading to her continued detention. Then deriding Muslims, Homosexuals and other ethnic minorities in his regular columns in the Daily Telegraph while always claiming he was " misquoted" … lying about his " Oven Ready " Brexit deal, lying about 50,000 nurses, 20 new hospitals, paying for an abortion for his girlfriend while married and most recently spending 3 weeks over Christmas in Mustique paid for by someone who has subsequently denied paying for it while Jeremy Corbyn did his usual stint volunteering at the local homeless hostel.

I could go on, as you are probably well aware, Johnson has always ridden the wave of privilege blissfully ignorant and disinterested about the effects and results of his actions and inactions. Corbyn has made mistakes, as all people do but, quite often he has been on the right side of history. Remember how at PMQ's he was booed and jeered by Tory MP's for reading out letters from real people struggling on poor wages in the NHS, or struggling with Universal Credit ? He may not have cracked down hard enough on anti-Semitism in the Labour Party but he certainly has not documented any racism in the manner of Johnson.

Surely the point is that they're both complete and utter shysters???

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, he's a slightly dimwitted, out-of-touch clown with very questionable judgement. As a lifelong Labour voter, I'm afraid I have to agree that he has been one of the worst leaders (if that is the word) in the history of the party. But this is pure whataboutery and belongs in a "No Jeremy Corbyn Thread?" thread.

Which is the only reason that Johnson won the election. This parliament thing only works if each party has sensible policies and leaders. Now we know what would happen in “the none of the above” scenario.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The crisis has only given her a few months grace and the government have already taken her away from the front line.

She is obviously evading the committee her power has been removed and she simply has nothing to say.

Her allies are distancing themselves quicker than shoppers in Waitrose.

They are observing the civil service working intelligently under huge pressure, utilising their huge experience to navigate each day. Her "usefulness" is limited when the real shit hits the fan.

My contact on the inside tells me she is most probably toast, there are simply too many complaints against her, but fundamentally she is useless.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The crisis has only given her a few months grace and the government have already taken her away from the front line.

She is obviously evading the committee her power has been removed and she simply has nothing to say.

They are observing the civil service working intelligently under huge pressure, utilising their huge experience to navigate each day. Her "usefulness" is limited when the real shit hits the fan.

My contact on the inside tells me she is most probably toast, there are simply too many complaints against her, but fundamentally she is useless.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

She really sounds like a really nasty piece of work.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s fairly straightforward. As a character created by Armando Ianucci, her scripts have relied on his penship, but with him in lockdown, they’re unable to get dialogue for her.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
She really sounds like a really nasty piece of work.

Which is why she is there, to kick the civil service up the back side. However you need to back that up with something else to get stuff done.

Fundamentally she is useless, over promoted and not up to the requirements of a Cabinet Minister irrespective of your political persuasion.

Boris is ambitious, but lacks self confidence early in his tenure. He surrounded himself with nut jobs like her to keep the frothing at the mouth ERG extremists on side. Where are they now ?

I personally think Boris and the core team around him will come out of this crises with a bit of credit. They have following advice to the letter.

She's out of the public eye for a reason. The reason she doesn't attend the committee ? She's been told. Even Cummings know her toxicity has served it's purpose but it now well passed it's sell by date..

:wave:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Any redeeming features?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It’s fairly straightforward. As a character created by Armando Ianucci, her scripts have relied on his penship, but with him in lockdown, they’re unable to get dialogue for her.

Her promise to crack down on counter terrorism does sound scripted. Good call.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So a debate is ok if we agree with you otherwise you put them on ignore.
There are many "shouty" left wingers on here too.
But that seems ok to you.

I always thought from your posts you came across as a bit arrogant and superior.

Thanks for confirming.

Apologies. I missed your post. Sorry to disappoint you. I have at least one shouty 'left winger' on ignore, too, although I have my suspicion he's actually a right wing troll.

But you're right, I'm sure I do come across to some as a bit superior and arrogant. It is the inevitable consequence of the ennui associated with encountering tiresome shouty right wingers (and the occasional shouty left winger). Some may enjoy a good conversation with the cat. I don't. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which is why she is there, to kick the civil service up the back side. However you need to back that up with something else to get stuff done.

Fundamentally she is useless, over promoted and not up to the requirements of a Cabinet Minister irrespective of your political persuasion.

Boris is ambitious, but lacks self confidence early in his tenure. He surrounded himself with nut jobs like her to keep the frothing at the mouth ERG extremists on side. Where are they now ?

I personally think Boris and the core team around him will come out of this crises with a bit of credit. They have following advice to the letter.

She's out of the public eye for a reason. The reason she doesn't attend the committee ? She's been told. Even Cummings know her toxicity has served it's purpose but it now well passed it's sell by date..

:wave:

Good shout.

I'd forgotten all about her, to be fair. It would be lovely to think I might be reminded about her only one more time - when NSC reports her exit from the cabinet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here