Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Hundred

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
A small point but if the aim is to be clear and easy to understand why are some team names singular and some plural?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am a Somerset fan who lives in Warwick. I should be ripe for a local team to follow. Can’t be be bothered. The idea that Somerset fans should support Cardiff side called “welsh something” is weird. Friday night is Cardiff would be great fun up m5 and m4 in August. Smashing idea.

I will stick to going to the blast and CC.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am a Somerset fan who lives in Warwick. I should be ripe for a local team to follow. Can’t be be bothered. The idea that Somerset fans should support Cardiff side called “welsh something” is weird. Friday night is Cardiff would be great fun up m5 and m4 in August. Smashing idea.

I will stick to going to the blast and CC.

Why don't you support your local team Birmingham Phoenix?

Rise with Birmingham Phoenix, and thrive together as one. Bigger, brighter and better united, this team is a celebration of the strength in diversity. Because different is good.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
what is Luke Wright doing playing for Birmingham Phoenix?

IIRC he was the very last player bought at the auction too.

Personally I'm just going to root for the Sussex players to do well for their respective teams and likely not really care who wins, much like seeing them playing in the IPL or BBL.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Why don't you support your local team Birmingham Phoenix?

Rise with Birmingham Phoenix, and thrive together as one. Bigger, brighter and better united, this team is a celebration of the strength in diversity. Because different is good.

As you put it like that I find it impossible to say know. Always a sucker for a good slogan. Come on chaps “win means win”

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As you put it like that I find it impossible to say know. Always a sucker for a good slogan. Come on chaps “win means win”

Their theme song is 'Cum on Feel the Noize' from Birmingham band Slade. I'd learn the words so you can sing along in unison with 20,000 other Brummies at a ram packed Phoenix Park (aka Edgbaston).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not a great fan but 20/20 has been great for game. So many venues including Hove sold out. No need at all for Hundred that has pushed Championship into April May and September. 50 over game is now a 2nd team competition that they have source to charge for. They will throw millions at marketing but I so much hope Hundred fails big time . They dont even spend a a few hundred marketing championship

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
New draft taking place live now, fingers crossed for some stellar signings for the Storm.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Think we look pretty strong, Jofra steaming in under the lights with our theme song 'Tonights going to be a good night' blasting will be a sight to behold.

Men's squad: Jofra Archer, Andre Russell, Marcus Stoinis, James Vince, Liam Dawson, Chris Jordan, Tymal Mills, Delray Rawlins, Alex Davies, George Garton, Ross Whiteley, Max Waller, Craig Overton, David Warner, Danny Briggs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
FFS don't make me support David Warner you dicks

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think I'll stick with watching the Sussex kids in the 50 over cup or some club sides while it's on

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Theme songs announced at the same time as names and kits?

Confirms it as the shit I assumed it would be
As shit as we all knew it would be - and also as anti-cricket as was obvious to everybody not trying to make a fast buck out of it.

I'll only even consider watching it (if it's free to view) if the mascots are required to bowl a minimum of two overs. :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm so confused looking at the Hundred website.

It looks like if Americans tried to do cricket.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'm so confused looking at the Hundred website.

It looks like if Americans tried to do cricket.

I just had a look and immediately wish I hadn't. It genuinely hurt my eyes.

The description of Dom Sibley as a "star player", given he's clearly not and probably won't play anyway, sums up this fantasist nonsense quite well.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
They seem to have dropped the bizarre team profile descriptions. I'll try and find them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here