Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m confused. Can someone kindly summarise what’s going on please.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I reckon it's about right. We only come close to selling out against the Big Six - I think there were even some seats left for the Palace match last year. A look around the stadium at any home game will reveal the number of empty seats. I think TB got it spot on

Palace has a counter intuitive effect, with some fans avoiding the vile atmosphere inside and outside the stadium. Supporters of both clubs pissed up and looking for trouble.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Nothing. Looks like Falmer Parish Council have regular meetings with the club to discuss any issues. Minutes of Nov meeting said MAY put in plans for Outside Loos Shop and considering increasing capacity by 2500

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Per link below the Falmer Parish Council minutes of 19th November meeting refer to MC having a "liason session" with BHA on 17th November 2019

MC being the head of FPC Melanie Cuttress

http://www.falmervillage.co.uk/fp-council-minutes-18-11-19.pdf

I think that shows the club are at least looking into putting in an extra 2k seats. It makes me wonder if Tony Bloom would like to have the largest capacity stadium on the south coast and I think 2k extra would achieve that making the Amex bigger than St Mary's?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The reality of that was that there were probably a host of planning and design restrictions in place that dictated how it ended up. I ended up in the West Upper just for the excellent view. Even at the back of the north it's just too shallow. Wash my mouth out but the view from the upper Millwall stand for away fans is about right. Even with the ball at far end the perspective is not bad.

The view from the back of the north is just fine.

The gradient of our lower tier in all 4 stands is on a par with just about every other lower deck in the PL. It is not more shallow.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

The club think there is not enough spaces for their corporate clients, so they are looking at pulling out all the seats in the north stand and replacing them with a bank of corporate boxes as they have looked at the economics.....

Put boxes in and charge £300k a season to companies.

Get rid of the common scum who bitch about flasks, crap food and shitty beer and those who just want to watch the football and not buy the tat in the shop...

All in all it is a major win for the club.

I am all for it.

MFIS

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club think there is not enough spaces for their corporate clients, so they are looking at pulling out all the seats in the north stand and replacing them with a bank of corporate boxes as they have looked at the economics.....

Put boxes in and charge £300 a season to companies.

Get rid of the common scum who bitch about flasks, crap food and shitty beer and those who just want to watch the football and not buy the tat in the shop...

All in all it is a major win for the club.

I am all for it.

MFIS
But for the first time in footballing history - they'll actually make more noise. :lol: :fishing:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Palace has a counter intuitive effect, with some fans avoiding the vile atmosphere inside and outside the stadium. Supporters of both clubs pissed up and looking for trouble.

Pretty sure Palace sold out last season. We are a few hundred shy for next Saturday’s game.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think that shows the club are at least looking into putting in an extra 2k seats. It makes me wonder if Tony Bloom would like to have the largest capacity stadium on the south coast and I think 2k extra would achieve that making the Amex bigger than St Mary's?

Yes, and Bramall Lane, Molineux and Kind Power Crisps Stadium.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

So we could market it as such for events or perhaps England games?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

My concern is Palace’s plan to get Selhurst to 34,000 by about 2050. I don’t want to be arriving at the Amex in 2050 knowing that Palace have a larger capacity god damn it!

Tony should be putting in 5k seats not 2k!!

As well as extending the North and filling in the North East Upper, the way to do this would be to lower the pitch and get rid of the edges extending each stand down row after row.

Simples.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Hugo Rune;9250134 As well as extending the North and filling in the North East Upper said:
You could be on to something here makes me wounder if it's a ploy by Tony, Matty and Aron to slowly dig the Albion to Australia after all we would storm the Australian league :smile:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
While we are on this subject what happened to the hotel planning application that was was turned down by Brighton Council, at the time I assumed it was just a case of reworking the application alter some designs and bobs your uncle planning granted but I cannot recall there ever being any mention since, does anyone know anymore could this have any link to the current Falmer Parish minutes could the reference to toilets be referring to one toilet per hotel room?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
While we are on this subject what happened to the hotel planning application that was was turned down by Brighton Council, at the time I assumed it was just a case of reworking the application alter some designs and bobs your uncle planning granted but I cannot recall there ever being any mention since, does anyone know anymore could this have any link to the current Falmer Parish minutes could the reference to toilets be referring to one toilet per hotel room?
The hotel proposal has been abandoned. They'll have other ideas for the land though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

A number of things came together (funding opportunities mostly) to make it viable. Those conditions have gone and it might never be considered again.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
A number of things came together (funding opportunities mostly) to make it viable. Those conditions have gone and it might never be considered again.

Weren't there a special hospital cancer unit as part of the hotel proposal?

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
We sell out nearly home game and have done since being in the PL. The ones we don’t are the ones when it’s on tv and the away fans haven’t got a full allocation.

It can’t be hard to notice when the club activate the ticket exchange (which means the game is effectively sold out). We don’t always sell these out, but the vast majority are seats on their own.

We have a few thousand on the season ticket waiting list, so a couple of thousand extra seats would be easily snapped up.

How many times do we have to keep telling people this?

But what would the gate be if ever we went down?

It might happen one day. Hopefully though not this year (everything is crossed for tomorrow)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here