Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't imagine many clubs will be starting non-necessary stadium building work until the fallout of Covid-19 is apparent. With high unemployment rates almost inevitable season ticket retention and match ticket sale will almost certainly be hit.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I don't imagine many clubs will be starting non-necessary stadium building work until the fallout of Covid-19 is apparent. With high unemployment rates almost inevitable season ticket retention and match ticket sale will almost certainly be hit.

With COVID 19 (2.0) ready and raring to go, I suspect the Premier League are already doing deals to mitigate the effect. I fully expect "special deals" from Now TV to enter my inbox at the end of this season. Anyone for a digital version of themselves on a flat screen TV, plonked on their seat and plumbed into that Zoom thingy? :ffsparr:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The low cost of borrowing together with this hospitality providing much needed increase in income would now the ideal opportunity to complete work. Any issues are likely to be availability of materials to the constructors at this time, and the likely minimal break between this and next may mean no time to complete.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
With COVID 19 (2.0) ready and raring to go, I suspect the Premier League are already doing deals to mitigate the effect. I fully expect "special deals" from Now TV to enter my inbox at the end of this season. Anyone for a digital version of themselves on a flat screen TV, plonked on their seat and plumbed into that Zoom thingy? :ffsparr:

lol not sure where you are living but the numbers continue to be the best theyve been for months. All is getting back to normal.

Probably this is for another thread.

As for the expansion , must be well down the list of priorities for now

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The low cost of borrowing together with this hospitality providing much needed increase in income would now the ideal opportunity to complete work. Any issues are likely to be availability of materials to the constructors at this time, and the likely minimal break between this and next may mean no time to complete.

Very much doubt there will be any borrowing taking place, not from banks anyway. It will be the stadium company, owned and funded by Tony not the football club paying.

We only rent the ground

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The only really "big" work is the shelf for the seats as the office space behind already exists and has electricity and plumbing etc in place (I had to go to those offices a few times in a previous job so have been in there). Shouldn't be a particularly expensive job in the grand scheme of things.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Both the kiosk application and the north stand have been approved.

Change to the north stand: BH2020/00770

Kiosks: BH2020/00919

For reasons that are unclear to me, the application to increase the size of allowed attendances to 32500, BH2020/00769, has yet to be considered. It's been nearly 4 months now.

There's nothing to stop them going ahead with all the building work, but until this has passed we won't be able to increase the number of tickets sold.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For reasons that are unclear to me, the application to increase the size of allowed attendances to 32500, BH2020/00769, has yet to be considered. It's been nearly 4 months now.

There's nothing to stop them going ahead with all the building work, but until this has passed we won't be able to increase the number of tickets sold.

That application was for a change of use I think to the overall description of all the uses at the stadium. The North Stand expansion application under a separate number also stated an increase to 32,500 and was approved. The above application had other matters on it, so I would think the North Stand application in its own right approves the 32,500 capacity, even if the application you reference is refused (for other matters on it). I don't know this for certain, but that is what I would think would happen.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
All found at: https://planningapps.brighton-hove....earch.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

BH2013/01356

Think these have been on there since March. There is also a very interesting report about the economic impact. They reckon the extra fans will make the ground 0.2 dB louder :lolol:

Seems to be some sort of objection from the council about the roads.

North Stand not getting increased quite as much as some of us thought. Looks like about 350.

We were right to think that the South East Corner would be mirrored in the North East Corner.

A transport assessment also says what our actual attendances were.

4919D722-C908-4072-A421-7439E089DEEC.jpeg
D62C4A6B-D732-4C84-963E-01BC3597034E.jpeg
9C8BE73A-D4D2-4982-ACA9-8056A4ABA430.jpeg
32F7C612-0E8C-48F6-9966-552791F6DF28.jpeg
A5839251-B703-49B0-ACAD-F89AE1D38C0C.jpeg

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Interesting to see actual attendance vs announced (‘sold’) attendance. Looks like we’re always 2500 short of full attendance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of the developments is a “ “northern lights” inspired lounge “

1) What is a northern lights inspired lounge?
2) Why have they chosen such an inspiration?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
All found at: https://planningapps.brighton-hove....earch.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

BH2013/01356

Think these have been on there since March. There is also a very interesting report about the economic impact. They reckon the extra fans will make the ground 0.2 dB louder :lolol:

Seems to be some sort of objection from the council about the roads.

North Stand not getting increased quite as much as some of us thought. Looks like about 350.

We were right to think that the South East Corner would be mirrored in the North East Corner.

A transport assessment also says what our actual attendances were.

View attachment 126246
View attachment 126247
View attachment 126248
View attachment 126249
View attachment 126250

Thanks for that, the attendances figures make interesting reading. I would imagine as the ticket echange is used more since the set of figures released there the actual attendance would be closer to the ' pretendance' Still wonderfull figures for a club of our size.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Actually looks like an interesting place to watch the game from, probably ruin it by making it full on corporate.

I thought the idea was to have a more supporter friendly bar, scarves, colours and atmosphere, not champagne suits and prawn sandwiches.???I may be wrong but thats what i thought the intended target supporter was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here