Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sajid Javid resigns as Chancellor of the Exchequer

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
This will end in tears, Boris doesn't have any MP political friends. The nearest he has is Gove and that's only a married of convenience until he stabs him in the back again.

- that's why Cummings is there.

Oh goodness me I hope you are right.

Last year I was happily and cynically writing off Johnson as some sort of national joke on a thread and someone 'corrected' me. He was right and I was wrong. I think 'destiny' is a load of bollox, but with Johnson...…….
But you are almost certainly right - it will end in tears. But whose tears and when will it end?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh goodness me I hope you are right.

Last year I was happily and cynically writing off Johnson as some sort of national joke on a thread and someone 'corrected' me. He was right and I was wrong. I think 'destiny' is a load of bollox, but with Johnson...…….
But you are almost certainly right - it will end in tears. But whose tears and when will it end?

I have absolutely no confidence in Johnson other than his ability to try to steal glory from any issue, to bluster and lie when forced to confront hard questions and his laziness when it comes to actually doing a hard days work. Utterly unsuited for a crisis that requires quick, decisive action he's only skill is to somehow absolve himself of blame by deflection and evasion.

He is yet another in a long line of political leaders who seen to have reduced in ability, intelligence and leadership. in the US we have gone from Obama down to Trump and here the decline has been Cameron-May-Johnson. … the predecessors abilities are always enhanced by the poor standard of their successors. May is starting to look like a dignified hard working politician who struggled with the problems and Tory in-fighting that she inherited but at least turned up for work and actually tried ! Johnson could well go down as a modern day Nero as a disastrous Brexit, global recession and a crumbling British society burn around him.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I have absolutely no confidence in Johnson other than his ability to try to steal glory from any issue, to bluster and lie when forced to confront hard questions and his laziness when it comes to actually doing a hard days work. Utterly unsuited for a crisis that requires quick, decisive action he's only skill is to somehow absolve himself of blame by deflection and evasion.

He is yet another in a long line of political leaders who seen to have reduced in ability, intelligence and leadership. in the US we have gone from Obama down to Trump and here the decline has been Cameron-May-Johnson. … the predecessors abilities are always enhanced by the poor standard of their successors. May is starting to look like a dignified hard working politician who struggled with the problems and Tory in-fighting that she inherited but at least turned up for work and actually tried ! Johnson could well go down as a modern day Nero as a disastrous Brexit, global recession and a crumbling British society burn around him.

I agree with every word. But as we stand on the edge of the biggest joke in world history being re-elected as President of the USA...……………….well you just wonder, don't you, at how bad things can get.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I agree with every word. But as we stand on the edge of the biggest joke in world history being re-elected as President of the USA...……………….well you just wonder, don't you, at how bad things can get.

I think we are in a downward spiral that is going to be very hard to stop. It might take a genuine revolution in a Western Democracy before elected leaders wake up. At my age I see the country has declined badly in so many many ways, we are supposedly the 5 th biggest economy in the world yet huge numbers of us only see falling standards of living, healthcare, and infrastructure. Crime up, roads crumbling, personal debt rising, social care overpriced and poor, homelessness, begging, stagnation of wages ( despite official figures showing we are back to 2008 levels !) and poor working conditions .

It was mentioned on the radio the other day, how many people can afford to " self isolate" for 14 days without pay in this day and age ? Too many people have no unions, contracts in name only and are working their nuts off just to stand still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here