Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] To give Boris Johnson credit....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was a remainer but find that very undemocratic, even though I wish we were still part of Europe. :shrug:

I found the whole process malignantly undemocratic, from the reason behind Cameron calling it to the lies told before, during and after. Not to mention the disenfranchised voters living abroad, the questionable funding, the illegal funding. The whole thing was an democratic mess so frankly, I don’t see why my disregard of democracy should be held up to any kind of scrutiny.

Either way. That particular egg has been boiled. We have “left”. Sort of. And the mess it has created is apparent for anyone brave enough to look. So my opinion is rather moot.

Horrible weather so it’s the gym and home for some Wallander and a nice pot of Earl Grey. Pip, pip!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was a remainer but find that very undemocratic, even though I wish we were still part of Europe. :shrug:

My position exactly. I voted Remain, love/d our ties with continental Europe, but I respect the views of the 52% who simply wanted out. My views on that were strengthened when the majority of MP's spent 3.5 years trying to scupper our exit, because they personally were strong Remainers. Smacks of arrogance and abusing their position.

More than anything, I'm pleased that period of uncertainty which dominated UK life, has gone, the country is moving on.

No doubt there are Brexit challenges to come, but it won't be the all consuming borefest.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Attachments

• images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 81

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My position exactly. I voted Remain, love/d our ties with continental Europe, but I respect the views of the 52% who simply wanted out. My views on that were strengthened when the majority of MP's spent 3.5 years trying to scupper our exit, because they personally were strong Remainers. Smacks of arrogance and abusing their position.

More than anything, I'm pleased that period of uncertainty which dominated UK life, has gone, the country is moving on.

No doubt there are Brexit challenges to come, but it won't be the all consuming borefest.
I would like to think it must be starting to dawn on you that the " majority of MP'S that spent 3 years trying to scupper Brexit " realised it was the political and economic suicide that we are now starting to realise.. Fast travel from London to Birmingham but congestion and chaos at Dover.... Brilliant!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I sincerely hope it is a borefest, because boring will mean not much changes. I am concerned at the warning lights flashing.
Today Julian Smith who is the one minister who has been doing a good job as NI secretary, and achieved a lot, has been sacked in the cabinet shuffle. Johnson wants yes men.
Basically, we have our own version of Trump.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rumours the chancellor has resigned

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rumours the chancellor has resigned
He always seemed very uncomfortable with the guff he was expected to spout in order to keep in with the looneys.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow, he has had a major cull

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I sincerely hope it is a borefest, because boring will mean not much changes. I am concerned at the warning lights flashing.
Today Julian Smith who is the one minister who has been doing a good job as NI secretary, and achieved a lot, has been sacked in the cabinet shuffle. Johnson wants yes men.
Basically, we have our own version of Trump.

Time will tell.

One thing we can agree on, I also despise Trump, his Alt-right and anti planet agenda. An evil person imho.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Understood and you’re right but I mean who covered then cost. It’s value is 15k, somebody covered that cost or gave a freebie. Who supplied the holiday gratis?
I'd bet the house in question is owned by a trust company, in a corporate arrangement and registered in a location that protects the identity of the underlying owners, so we'll never know. Ross organised it, hence he's the one Boris has named. No-one will have stumped up any cash or covered the cost. Could well be the house would have been vacant without Boris for that period, but £15k is the going rate for rental so that's what Boris declared.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Actually I wasn’t happy when he became PM but I accept that he was the best of a poor bunch and has got things happening that were in limbo. Trouble with Lefties is that they can’t see ANYTHING good about the Conservatives EVER.

It’s a sad state of affairs imo to be so blinkered and biased.

Surely, then, the trouble with 'righties' is that they can't see anything good about the Labour Party ever? :shrug:

As for Johnson, I wouldn't trust a word he says and take all of these 'promises' he's made with a tonne-sized pinch of salt. And that's not being blinkered or biased – or even personal – I'm drawing on the evidence of his behaviour over decades.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Everyone jealous ?? I am...sadly I have no friends to treat me to £15k holiday.

Anyone on NSC offering ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

So I click on my notifications and see I have been quoted, and the only thing anywhere near it from you is this, which doesn't actually quote me, but which I presume is a response to my last quote.

If so, it is childish and pathetic...… which I guess is what you were implying about me.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The bitterness still raw from the 12th December 2019 election night. Life’s too short to let it eat away for 5 years.

You do like to trot this one out, as if, once the election is over and, for some at least, the absolute worst possible choice is in charge (Mr D. Cummings) we are all supposed to go 'Ah well, that's that for another five years, let's just let them get on with it'.

It makes one inclined to presume you have never had any sincerely-held political beliefs of your own at any point.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Don’t see he has done anything wrong. After all he’s not likely to stay in an all inclusive 4 star in Magaluf rubbing shoulders with heavily tattooed tradesmen in football tops sitting around the pool, is he !

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
So I click on my notifications and see I have been quoted, and the only thing anywhere near it from you is this, which doesn't actually quote me, but which I presume is a response to my last quote.

If so, it is childish and pathetic...… which I guess is what you were implying about me.

Calm down dear. :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
wrong thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here