Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Watford (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 6
Schelotto 6
Duffy 4 -- awful for the goal; just imagine if Webster did that. He's a cracking defender in a deep block, CH-style game, but on so many levels he's not a Potter CB
Dunk 6
Burn 5
Propper 7 MotM -- tried his hardest to make something happen
Gross 5 -- has had a poor season, poor again today
Mooy 6 -- Foster thwarts us again
March 6.5 -- got much right, but needs to improve his delivery
Trossard 6
Murray 5.5

Subs:
Maupay 5.5
Alzate 6
Jahanbakhsh 7 -- showed some quality

We really need 4 points out of our next two games now

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ryan - 6

Schelotto - 5 (his end product was appalling)
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 5 (why did he show him inside for the goal?)
Burn - 5

March - 7 (don't get why many were slating him, much of our best stuff first half came through him)
Propper - 6
Mooy - 4 (terrible for their goal)
Trossard - 6

Gross - 4
Murray - 5

Subs;
Maupay - 7
Alzate - 6
Jahanbakhsh - 7.5

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
All 8s, for having to play against such a dreary negative, physical bunch of dross - I’d have struggled to raise my game to be fair. Better days are coming.

Seriously watching that lot felt like looking into a mirror being held by Chris Hughton... they were anti football in extremis - I’m actually quite angry that I had to watch that shite from them - talk about deserving to go down. Awful.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Ryan - 7
Schelotto - 6
Duffy - 5
Dunk - 6
Burn - 5
March - 6
Propper - 6
Mooy - 5
Groß - 5
Trossard - 6
Murray - 6

Maupay - 6
Alzate - 6
Jahanbaksh - 7

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ryan 6
Schelotto 6
Duffy 4 -- awful for the goal; just imagine if Webster did that. He's a cracking defender in a deep block, CH-style game, but on so many levels he's not a Potter CB
Dunk 6
Burn 5
Trossard 6
Murray 5.5

Subs:
Maupay 5.5
Alzate 6

Not sure how you rate Dunk and Mooy the same. Mooy was awful today.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Ryan 6
Schelloto 5
Dunk 6
Duffy 4
Burn 5
March 7
Propper 6
Mooy 5
Gross 4
Trossard 6
Murray 6

Maupay 5
Alzate 6
Ali j 6

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Schelotto 5
Duffy 5 - terrible first half
Dunk 6
Burn 5
Mooy 5 awful
Propper 7
March 6
Trossard 6
Gross 5
Murray 6

AJ 7
Maupay 5
Alzate 7

Potter 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ryan 7 Looked solid

Greyhound 6 the usual mixed bag and lucky to stay on the pitch

Duffy 6 looked rusty but physical presence helped keep Deeney quiet

Dunk 6 Ditto

Burn 6. Did not offer as much going forward as we are used to but first game back so can be forgiven

Propper 6 moved the ball well in the deeper role

Mooy 5. Missed a good chance and kept slowing the play up today. Suffering from the usual post contract dip

Trossard 5. Going backwards for us after lots of early promise

March 6. Is he a left back is he a winger does he play behind the striker. I don’t think he or anyone else really knows

Groß 5. Poor, slow and pretty anonymous

Murray 6. Usual solid hold up play but no service of note

Subs

Alzate 7. Tidy on the ball drives into space and passes with purpose

Maupay 5. Ran around a bit and then some more

Ali J 7. Looked bright and great assist

Potter 6. Good changes again when up against it but needs to get the selection right from the start so we are not chasing games

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Ryan 6
Schelloto 5
Dunk 6
Duffy 4
Burn 5
March 7
Propper 6
Mooy 5
Gross 4
Trossard 6
Murray 6

Maupay 5
Alzate 6
Ali j 6

I watched this match.

I think Ali J deserves at least a 6.5 though. We wouldn’t have got anything without him coming on.

Gross was by far our worst player today. We may as well have started with 10 men.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Bit harsh on Mooy these.

Thought he was ok and nearly scored. Their goal wasn’t really his fault thought it hit the back of the Watford player’s heel.

Stand to be corrected....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan - 7
Schelotto - 6
Duffy - 5
Dunk - 6
Burn - 5
March - 7
Propper - 6 Improved massively once Alzate and Jahanbakhsh joined him.
Mooy - 3 Tried, but not at the races today.
Groß - 2 A shocker, a relief when GP took him off.
Trossard - 6
Murray - 6

Maupay - 5
Alzate - 7.5 Oozes quality, forward thinking, quick thinking, incredible ball retention under pressure.
Jahanbaksh - 7.5 Game changer, Watford fell apart partly due to him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ryan 6
Schelotto 6
Dunk 6
Burn 5
Trossard 6
Murray 5.5

Subs:
Maupay 5.5
Alzate 6

Webster’s done worse than that this season in terms of errors for goals.

However, Duffy was really poor in the first half performance wise though he did improve in the second.... (IMO)

As well as sitting deeper, he clearly does not fit Potters style but is trying unsuccessfully to play out from the back more, and surely the manager should have given him a different instruction.....

Won’t be here next season

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Main lesson the same as the first half against West Ham: don’t compromise our principles - stick to Potterball. Reverting to a Hughtonball hybrid with aimless long balls and an absence of pace in the side and an uncomfortable-looking Duffy at centre half will not get the results we’re looking for.

Ryan 6 - Not much to do apart from pick the ball out of his net

Schelotto 6 - Gave it everything and better than Montoya, but lacking quality in final delivery

Duffy 5 - At fault for their goal, generally looked uneasy throughout

Dunk 6 - okay

Burn 6 - okay

Mooy 6.5 - poor in first half, just like the first half at West Ham when we abandoned Potterball to be more direct. Looked much better in the second half when we started playing our normal game.

Gross 5 - anonymous

Trossard 6 - frustrating. Better in the second half

March 7 - great cross to Murray in first half which on another day, might have been an assist. Did well at left back later on

Propper 6 - not as influential as last week

Murray 6 - ineffective - like the first half at West Ham

Subs:

Maupay 7 - good. Looked far more dangerous when he came on and showed willingness to take players on

Alzate 7 - looked composed and needs to start in his best position

Jahanbasch 7 - looked accomplished again

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 5 - Nothing at all to do except play a few 5 yard passes and pick a screamer out of the goal. Did one superb goal kick to Trossard

Schelotto - 3 - Doesn't have the quality of delivery to play in this system. Full backs provide the only width. They need to be able to deliver. We need to look elsewhere. Shame as he's a wholehearted player
Burn - 4 - Looked rusty
Dunk - 8 - Fabulous long passing. Looked to drive the team forward. Without him we would be on about 15 points
Duffy - 4 - Didn't take his chance. No need to back off Dacoure, there was ample cover. He doesn't want to be getting clever with backheels either. Just win your headers, make your blocks and play your five yard passes

Propper - 8 - Kept everything ticking over beautifully. I'd like to see a little more inventiveness, but I can't fault how he keeps the ball moving
Mooy - 4 - A shadow of the player he was a couple of months ago. Didn't pick one creative pass and really cocked it up for their goal. Not currently worth his place
Gross - 4 - Poor game. Has had some good games this season, but not consistently enough. He's down the pecking order for me
Trossard - 6 - It doesn't always come off for him, but you have to keep him on the pitch because he's the one who can make things happen. Poor execution in the final third today
March - 8 MOM - Deserved MOM. Again, not everything came off, but had the measure of his full back and provided some great defensive cover.

Murray - 5 - I think we're better off with pace up front. The odd tap in he will get doesn't make up for the lack of threat he provides over the rest of the pitch

Maupay - 7- His running caused problems
Jahanbaksh - 7 - A starter for me. I'd actually have him full back, seeing as how high up the pitch our full backs are, he'd basically be the winger. He can deliver and the others can't, that gets him in the side
Alzate - 6- Very brave on the ball and his instincts are to go forward unlike some of the others. A starter if it were my team

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan 7 - No chance with the goal very little else to do.
Schelotto 4 - Awful. Can't defend, poor delivery, Forrest Gump. Poor decision to start him despite his showing as a shock tactic last week.
Duffy 5 -- At fault for the goal. He HAS to show Doucorre the outside rather than allowing him to come inside and shoot. Schoolboy error and should know better
Dunk 6 - Struggled in possession but handled Deeney well,
Burn 6 - Not match fit and for me struggles at LB
Propper 7 Played the ball square far too many times but the movement in front of him was poor until Maupay came on.
Gross 5 -- Was very poor today, seemed to play deeper and was worse for it.
Mooy 6 -- Not his best performance but we were so static his options were very limited. Also at fault on the Watford goal.
March 7 -- Offered more than most but that's not saying much. Crossing is a problem.
Trossard 6 - Flattered to deceive and has not trained on as the season progressed. Some lovely cross field passes mixed with dross.
Murray 5 - Why play a slow non mobile CF but who offers a threat from crosses and then play inverted wide players? Not his best game but feeding on scraps, give the bloke a chance if you're going to play him.

Subs:
Maupay 7 - Movement opened up chances and helped create spaces for others.
Alzate 7 - Did well, but looked good in midfield then had to switch to RB to accommodate others failure.
Jahanbakhsh 7 -- showed some quality and helped to build momentum 2nd half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here