Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Will be beat the Jocks?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Welcome to the annual 'Will we beat the Jocks?' thread.

England Vs Scotland, BBC 1 16:45 Kick-off time.

Excited for this one!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My prediction is that whoever kicks, throws and chases the egg best will win. Myriad complex and unintelligible refereeing stuff aside.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Legalised thuggery for posh boys who spent too much time in the gym. Boring sport.
Just my opinion, though.

However, more concerned that we beat the Hornets. And feeling more anxious by the hour too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even when we are on the top of our game we struggle ar Murrayfield. We have often lost Grand Slams or Triple Crowns there when we have been blinding in previous games. After two really shit unimaginative performances I think we need to step it up big time

Narrow England win for me

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Legalised thuggery for posh boys who spent too much time in the gym. Boring sport.
Just my opinion, though.

However, more concerned that we beat the Hornets. And feeling more anxious by the hour too.

Genuine question, do you actually understand the laws of the game? Makes a massive difference to the enjoyment. Most people I speak to who dismiss rugby haven’t got a clue what is going on and why

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Genuine question, do you actually understand the laws of the game?

Yes, you have a homoerotic grapple in the mud and then retire to the bar where you down pint after pint singing bawdy songs with your trousers around your ankles.

Them’s the rules, yes?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, you have a homoerotic grapple in the mud and then retire to the bar where you down pint after pint singing bawdy songs with your trousers around your ankles.

Them’s the rules, yes?

Yeah, it’s an Octoberfest without the lederhosen with a bit of sport thrown in ( no 50 year old singers slapping their thighs during umpah songs though :wink:)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just my opinion, though.

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish.

Rugby is very much a working class sport in Wales, West of England and New Zealand to name but three.

Nothing like a bit of ignorant stereotyping,....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Genuine question, do you actually understand the laws of the game? Makes a massive difference to the enjoyment. Most people I speak to who dismiss rugby haven’t got a clue what is going on and why

They should make the rules simpler then, then more people might actually go to watch it, rather than there being literally thousands and thousands of empty seats at every single game apart from at the absolute elite level.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
They should make the rules simpler then, then more people might actually go to watch it, rather than there being literally thousands and thousands of empty seats at every single game apart from at the absolute elite level.

If ignorance is bliss you must be in paradise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here