Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray contract extension [was: GM signs]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not on official site or Argus - where you looking?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Do you mean Glen Murray signing with the Albion or is this a trick statement?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
1507263d285cd1974eada99bf98d42e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This feels a little bit made up..
Although I would have no objections to it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As long as he appreciates that he is going to have a bit part, I think it would be a great idea. We need leaders on and off the pitch, I’m sure he brings alot to the dressing room. Used sparingly he could do another season and a half. Did well yesterday to last 90 mins and didn’t seem to flag either.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On one of the facebook pages.....odd that the Club haven't announced if true....

6a4fa5c510c526702210d16952020ce7.jpg

I saw that last night somewhere and was then trying to check its authenticity....... and couldnt find anything.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
On one of the facebook pages.....odd that the Club haven't announced if true....

6a4fa5c510c526702210d16952020ce7.jpg
I saw that last night somewhere and was then trying to check its authenticity....... and couldnt find anything.

Got press-reader app. Just googled headline and it is a real article from yesterday's (2 Feb) Daily Star.

No idea if it's true, or why if it is, the club have said nowt, but the Daily Star have printed that yesterday.

Screenshot_20200203-080942.jpeg
Screenshot_20200203-081017.jpeg

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Good news if it becomes official.

We'll still need another striker in the summer, but it isn't 'either-or'.

He'd no doubt have signed for palace again in the summer without this deal, and we'd have regretted that for sure.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's a possibility.

I would have thought Glenn would have announced his retirement after the window closed.
But given the levels of interest in him, it's safe to assume he intends to continue next season.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Without knowing, and if this is true? I'd hazard a guess, he'd have been offered the 18 months now with a reduction in wages. His family and home are here, if he wants to play on and it's relatively cheap for the the club, it's a win-win, why not?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I hope not. Please just let him end his career with us on a relative high with where he is able to contribute a bit still.

Playing 90 minutes, making one goal and scoring another wasn't a bad contribution in his first match of the season, even if he is there to help educate our other (2) strikers and Trossard then its worth another season.

We will still need another striker in the summer though

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Slightly baffling. Clearly Potter hasn't fancied him all season and now he is good for another 18 months?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Slightly baffling. Clearly Potter hasn't fancied him all season and now he is good for another 18 months?

Possibility that this is a marriage of convenience. He is obviously frustrated at his lack of game time. Potter and club obviously want a different striker.

Club couldn't get a different striker in January but might do in the summer... so to avoid Glen kicking off to force a move when we still need him as a back up (or main man now, who knows!?) we've offered him effectively another year contract so that he has the security at least, if not the playing time.

I imagine that if in the summer we sign another striker or two, and he can find himself another club we'll let him go on a free with a happy handshake!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's the Daily Star, would they really have a scoop that nobody else did?

Didn't they find Elvis' grave on the moon? Or was that the National Enquirer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here