Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points to be safe this season

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I don’t think either Norwich or villa will have any kind of decent run of form between now and the end of the season leaving one place to fill. There are now fours teams that look most likely to fill that place and are all on almost identical points therefor between now and the end of the season we need to get more points then the other three. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening and we will be the team taking that 18th spot. Three wins and two draws required in my opinion and the only game I fancy us winning looking at the remaining fixtures is Newcastle at home.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good performance, draw was nothing less than deserved. 35 might be enough?

football.JPG

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I don’t think either Norwich or villa will have any kind of decent run of form between now and the end of the season leaving one place to fill. There are now fours teams that look most likely to fill that place and are all on almost identical points therefor between now and the end of the season we need to get more points then the other three. Unfortunately I don’t see it happening and we will be the team taking that 18th spot. Three wins and two draws required in my opinion and the only game I fancy us winning looking at the remaining fixtures is Newcastle at home.

Sorry to be so blunt but what absolute rubbish. For a start we don’t need more points than them, they need at least 2 more than us, maybe three more with our goal difference. You think we need another 11 points? What on earth makes you think from what you have seen so far that Bournemouth, West Ham or West Ham with those fixtures can and will all get at least another 13 points, actually 14 needed with our goal difference. That’s them winning basically half of their remaining fixtures. This relentless negativity does my head in.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
As long as our goal difference doesn’t dramatically worsen, think 37 points best case may just be enough or definitely 38. 2 wins and a couple of draws. Arsenal have a difficult away game at Man City wed , not a huge amount of recovery time for them , only might make a small difference but may be enough if we can get 3 points . Beat either Norwich or Newcastle plus couple of draws and we might have done just enough to stay in PL.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Any updated views on whether 40+ points is going to be required this year?

If third-bottom West Ham carrying on picking up points at the same rate, they'll be on 36-37 points by the time we're done.

Where is the poll?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maths not the strong point in that argument, eh!
We are ahead of five teams; we don't have to win more points than them to stay ahead - they need more points than us to catch up!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
37 could well be enough.

A win vs Arsenal would be gold dust to us.

Weirdly enough I have the feeling the home games v Arsenal, Man U, and Liverpool may garnish more points than we have collected of late :glare: *

*Forget City though

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here