Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble at the game ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Couldn't really see what was going on, but saw at least a couple of home fans ? attempting to climb over the segregated area and subsequently get arrested.

A spoke to a couple of Brighton fans in the way back to the station, who witnessed something else quite unsavoury at the time

Won't repeat because I didn't see it.

Did anyone get a better look ?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Is this in regards to the West Ham supporters being homophobic pricks? Got a little feisty for sure.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was privy to a pair of seagulls fans offering to knock each other, and anyone who told them to shut up and support the team, out...for about 10 minutes. There was a slight unpleasantness in the air.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I told my dog to shut up as she was barking during my rants

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was listening on the radio, they were saying things were thrown after the Murray goal (I think they mentioned it was thrown at our bench?)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At last! A thread about today with which old Droopy can add some contributions. He must be Overjoyed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was listening on the radio, they were saying things were thrown after the Murray goal (I think they mentioned it was thrown at our bench?)

Warren said a cup of something or other was thrown in their direction. Johnny checked if someone was okay at the end of game. He was on air as he did it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

WA and Johnny Cantor were saying things were thrown at them, I believe their producer was hit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
WA and Johnny Cantor were saying things were thrown at them, I believe their producer was hit.

Drunken early 20s sons of cockney wankers? ??? Do such creatures exist? Shirley knot?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
An elderly Brighton fan with no colours was the victim of a vicious unprovoked assault by a young WHU fan whilst walking back to Hackney Wick post match. Literally smashed him to the ground and knocked clean out. Assailant was pursued by WHU fans and identified and subsequently arrested, victim attended to by paramedics in the gutter. Assailant has been charged with ABH and WHU Director of Operations has now confirmed the assailant will be banned for life. Shocking scenes.

el punal

An elderly Brighton fan with no colours was the victim of a vicious unprovoked assault by a young WHU fan whilst walking back to Hackney Wick post match. Literally smashed him to the ground and knocked clean out. Assailant was pursued by WHU fans and identified and subsequently arrested, victim attended to by paramedics in the gutter. Assailant has been charged with ABH and WHU Director of Operations has now confirmed the assailant will be banned for life. Shocking scenes.

That’s awful. In fact it reminds me of an identical incident back in 1978/79 season. We’d just played West Ham at Upton Park and drew 0-0 (I think). Came out of the ground to find an old boy, probably aged about seventy, wearing an Albion scarf lying on the pavement with blood pouring from a head wound. Apparently attacked by a group of West Ham’s finest - got to love those Cockney geezers eh?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Scum.

Hopefully upgraded to GBH later in the process, and a decent sentence.

Respect to the fans who chased wnkr down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s awful. In fact it reminds me of an identical incident back in 1978/79 season. We’d just played West Ham at Upton Park and drew 0-0 (I think). Came out of the ground to find an old boy, probably aged about seventy, wearing an Albion scarf lying on the pavement with blood pouring from a head wound. Apparently attacked by a group of West Ham’s finest - got to love those Cockney geezers eh?

But NSC’ers ageing hard men tell us it was all chivalrous.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Absolute disgrace and good on WHU fans on catching him.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Agreed. Absolutely heroic WHU fans for chasing their own thug down. Honestly didn’t think this sort of thing still happened.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When we leave stadia, I sometimes say to be aware of the potential for a sucker punch, rather than seeing wholesale trouble. At the Amex in the PL seasons, there’s been the occasional cowardly attack by an Albion fan post match (covered later by media and a club statement).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here