Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Has Lamptey ever played on the left?

No.

Would be interesting to see what he can do from a position where he would cut inside. But generally I prefer playing the bit more defensive wb (like Veltman) to the left. Almost every team in the world attack more on their right side because its easier for a right footed player to play it to the right, making a dangerous right back and a more careful left back the better setup.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Interesting hearing Malcolm Stuart on the Roar say he’d hold Lamptey back until next season
Don't get that... I'm all for taking it slow and not rushing but that seems a bit extreme, no?

Feel like if we get an early confirmed safety in the league, we'll start seeing heavy rotation i.e. Zeqiri, Tau, Karbo, Moder all starting to get ready for next season

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Don't get that... I'm all for taking it slow and not rushing but that seems a bit extreme, no?

Feel like if we get an early confirmed safety in the league, we'll start seeing heavy rotation i.e. Zeqiri, Tau, Karbo, Moder all starting to get ready for next season

He explained that Lampey’s body is going through massive changes. He’s still growing and the way he plays with very intense bursts put’s the hamstrings under huge stress. The other thing he suggested was Lamptey changing his playing style. Adama Traore is another speed merchant who has learnt that he needs to manage his body and not sprint at 100% all the time.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
He explained that Lampey’s body is going through massive changes. He’s still growing and the way he plays with very intense bursts put’s the hamstrings under huge stress. The other thing he suggested was Lamptey changing his playing style. Adama Traore is another speed merchant who has learnt that he needs to manage his body and not sprint at 100% all the time.
I should have added that I didn't listen, but thank you for putting into context! That makes sense then really, take all the pacey players in recent years and how their shelf life is reduced because of the nature of their play

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Interesting hearing Malcolm Stuart on the Roar say he’d hold Lamptey back until next season

If he got free Malc would certainly not catch him. Both got short little legs, one set are rapid the other never were haha, though he did often get a cheer with his sprints.:)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Watched some highlights from the early games of this season.

I think we have underestimated exactly how much his injury affected this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking?

‘BORN TO RUN Brighton sensation Tariq Lamptey was born with his rapid speed says former youth coach, who played him as a striker’

“I think he scored 30 or 40 goals for us one season. He was so far ahead of anyone else.”

He surely couldn’t do worse than Maupay, Trossard, Connolly & Welbeck?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

‘BORN TO RUN Brighton sensation Tariq Lamptey was born with his rapid speed says former youth coach, who played him as a striker’

“I think he scored 30 or 40 goals for us one season. He was so far ahead of anyone else.”

He might have to accept playing RM, in front of Veltman anyway.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I guess you missed the first minute of the home Burnley game, then?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Terrible idea ....... risible ... ....brain dead ..... you'd have to be utterly desperate to even consider it .... ok, worth a shot

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

we would need to counter attack quicker to utilise his speed but having him on the half way line would certainly give the opposition something to worry about and the ariel threat would surpass anything we currently have....:)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He might have to accept playing RM, in front of Veltman anyway.

This is something I’ve been advocating for a while, Veltman the stronger defender and Lamptey has the speed and skill to unsettle any defender, it would mean the opposition would look to attack purely our left side though which already seems vulnerable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here