Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Maybe he needs to change from the fastest player to just a quick player . If that will get him through 30 games or so a season rather than 15, then so be it.
He has the skill . just cut back the extreme pace and damage to his body

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Becoming worried now. He is such an exceptional player. We really need him right now. Here’s hoping he play a few games for us in the run-in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think it was Malcolm Stuart who said recently if it was his choice he'd not play him again this season and get him right for next. Frustrating though this is I think this is the way to go (based on absolutely no knowledge at all!) - rushing him back could do more harm than good.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Dean Cox interview on Albion Unlimited this week.

“Do you think we have enough to stay up?”

His answer: “When’s Lamptey coming back?”

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Wrong

We decide the value of the player.

PSG could offer us £200m and we could choose to turn them down

Whilst he is contracted to us, "the market" can decide all they like what they think he's worth, he doesn't move without TB's say so.

Sometimes you see a situation where a player goes on strike and refuses to play to force the move through. This is a wildly unlikely scenario here given his age, the length of his contract and what we know of the lad, so to me there's no point speculating as to what would happen. I'd just comment that there are people who's bluff i'd call before Tony Bloom's.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth!!!

As someone else alluded to, the price has to be agreed by both parties, isn't that what a market place is?

As for Lamptey, if someone offered stupid money then TB would bite their hand off because we also have Veltman at the moment who is also proving to be a great buy. With Lamptey, we will only ever be a stepping stone for him so it will be about judging when the best time to sell is. No point waiting till he runs his contract down and he goes for nothing!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Maybe he needs to change from the fastest player to just a quick player . If that will get him through 30 games or so a season rather than 15, then so be it.
He has the skill . just cut back the extreme pace and damage to his body

We could install a speed limiter in him, like my van.
Bloody frustrating when he is running alongside but cant quite get in front, like my van.
Maybe he needs remapping, like my van.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We could install a speed limiter in him, like my van.
Bloody frustrating when he is running alongside but cant quite get in front, like my van.
Maybe he needs remapping, like my van.

And the award for ‘Alternative Poetry’ goes to [MENTION=21314]Raleigh Chopper[/MENTION] for his piece entitled “Like My Van.”

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
No point waiting till he runs his contract down and he goes for nothing!!

It's going to be quite a while before we have to worry about this. He's contracted until 2025 so 2024 would probably be the point at which we start to lose the upper hand.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Be lucky to see him play again this season, gutted.

As fans in a ground have we ever....

Could be an odd feeling if he leaves in the summer, having never seen one of the most exciting players we have ever had in the flesh.

I would give up a kidney to be at the Amex with the ball being threaded through to Lampty and off he darts, rising to our feet in anticipation...

Oh god how I have missed that feeling.....:down:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As fans in a ground have we ever....

Could be an odd feeling if he leaves in the summer, having never seen one of the most exciting players we have ever had in the flesh.

I would give up a kidney to be at the Amex with the ball being threaded through to Lampty and off he darts, rising to our feet in anticipation...

Oh god how I have missed that feeling.....:down:

If anything I think the injury could work in our favour as more likely to see him with us next season and whilst I think we may cash in on Biss in the summer I can’t see us letting too many of other key players leave.

Got a glimpse of him at the Chelsea friendly but like you very much hoping to be seeing this guy regularly from the stands next season as one of the few players we have that has those bursts forward that get the crowd up on their feet.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Let's be honest if a stellar offer comes in that would see Tariq doubling his wages off he'd go. That stellar offer would have to have be at least £50m+ imo and would hopefully also include a bidding war that could go higher. I'm sure Tony would like to see some ROI for the club with all the covid losses and also some decent money to reinvest in parts of the squad in desperate need.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's be honest if a stellar offer comes in that would see Tariq doubling his wages off he'd go. That stellar offer would have to have be at least £50m+ imo and would hopefully also include a bidding war that could go higher. I'm sure Tony would like to see some ROI for the club with all the covid losses and also some decent money to reinvest in parts of the squad in desperate need.

The thing is, a RWB with pace WAS a desperate need. Remember how bad Montoya was? JV can do an ok job there but he's a centre back playing wing back (just like Burn but doing a better job of it because he's a classier player).

I'm not saying it would be easy to hold on to Lamptey in the face of a huge fee + wages offer from a big club but he'd need replacing himself. Unless we think Karbownik is that guy, in which case we're back to finding adequate cover on the other side for Solly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The thing is, a RWB with pace WAS a desperate need. Remember how bad Montoya was? JV can do an ok job there but he's a centre back playing wing back (just like Burn but doing a better job of it because he's a classier player).

I'm not saying it would be easy to hold on to Lamptey in the face of a huge fee + wages offer from a big club but he'd need replacing himself. Unless we think Karbownik is that guy, in which case we're back to finding adequate cover on the other side for Solly.

Exactly - Which is why its always been Bissouma or Ben White who are more likely to be the big ££ transfer we might potentially sanction this summer - assuming we're planning for a 5th season in the EPL and not a return to the Champ. As our cover for CB and midfield is considerably better in depth.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly - Which is why its always been Bissouma or Ben White who are more likely to be the big ££ transfer we might potentially sanction this summer - assuming we're planning for a 5th season in the EPL and not a return to the Champ. As our cover for CB and midfield is considerably better in depth.

Not sure how much of his wages we paid at Leeds and Newport but you've got to assume that White has the best potential ROI/profit figure of the lot. However, I'd expect Biss to go out of any of them. He's pulling more than his weight and we have a replacement lined up in Moder.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not sure how much of his wages we paid at Leeds and Newport but you've got to assume that White has the best potential ROI/profit figure of the lot. However, I'd expect Biss to go out of any of them. He's pulling more than his weight and we have a replacement lined up in Moder.

Moder and Moises both being lined up for our midfield.

When also considering GP has tested the waters with Ben White taking on his role at times, it really does seem aligned for Biss to go. And it’d be the right time to go plus for the right money I’m sure.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why are posters so keen to cash-in on our best players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here