Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Light Pollution.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There was a half page story on this in this morning's Metro with a very orange photograph.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
And awful lot of points raised by Rosemary Wharton. Googled her and wasn't surprised at the results. Funniest was her trying to sell the Falmer Village Hall Christmas Fayre which was on the same time as the big one at the Amex. But hers was free. :smile:

Broken kerb stones and a muddy footpath. They aren't even First World problems. I love that the most recent meetings were attended by 2, 4 and 0 villagers.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
sure subject has come up, but not this specific point an increase of 2000. quite funny really, we have many posters claiming to be in the know, this and student accomodation doesnt get mentioned. going to read the Falmer council minutes in future, keep eye out for upcoming signings.
This. I suppose it is the conditional may or may not happen nature of the likely applications that is why NSC has not gone larger on all this. 2K extra seats??? WHERE??? + a big screen and outside toilets creating more of a fan zone...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Light pollution doesn’t appear to be on the green criteria here

AA539F53-94F8-49B3-86B4-F8BB919E23B6.jpeg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I went past the Amex last night about 10pm coming from Eastbourne direction and couldn't see it until I was literally level with the ground.

Before I was able to see the orange glow from around the Beddingham crossing, if not further away. Wonder if they have turned down the power or got different bulbs or it's just the atmospheric conditions at certain times.

Either way, it's not all over the news and a petition to thank the club (or God for the weather) saying how great it is now is there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went past the Amex last night about 10pm coming from Eastbourne direction and couldn't see it until I was literally level with the ground.

Before I was able to see the orange glow from around the Beddingham crossing, if not further away. Wonder if they have turned down the power or got different bulbs or it's just the atmospheric conditions at certain times.

Either way, it's not all over the news and a petition to thank the club (or God for the weather) saying how great it is now is there.

I was always down to the weather.

Every single complaint backed up by photographic 'evidence' had the pictures taken on evening with dense low hanging misty cloud.

All the car and street lights had halos round them, nobody was insisting they be turned off as well.

As already said re the Vitacress glasshouse in Chichester, some times it's so clearly visible from Clymping, I assume were it not for the urban sprawl that would be even further East.
Some times you can't even see it in Bognor, that's the best part of 7 miles different.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was always down to the weather.

Every single complaint backed up by photographic 'evidence' had the pictures taken on evening with dense low hanging misty cloud.

All the car, bicycle and street lights had halos round them, nobody was insisting they be turned off as well.

As already said re the Vitacress glasshouse in Chichester, some times it's so clearly visible from Clymping, I assume were it not for the urban sprawl that would be even further East.
Some times you can't even see it in Bognor, that's the best part of 7 miles different.

Slight amendment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here