Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
While I don't agree with you on much regarding this subject, I feel this is terrible double standards, almost as if it's one rule for the common people and another for the ruling elite...

However, having said that, I guess it may be a security issue having people wandering around parliament with face masks on, which would make them difficult to identify.

surely they would be easily identified as bona fide mp's by the constant stream of drivel emanating from beneath said mask...:moo:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Keep up. I didn’t mean the protest that was actually in Trafalgar Square not Westminster. I know your condition makes you confused and you conveniently ignored the post above but It seems many MPs (you know those people that work in Westminster) agree with me that our rights are being undemocratically destroyed. Unlike you who thinks everything is hunky dory.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...iHe6-Ov7S-C23IPIQ3_SStlN5E#Echobox=1601190380

Any chance you could chuck in a quick "wakey wakey" or "wake up" in your next missive? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms :smile:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Unfortunately it is quite easy to spout shit, with or without a mask, as the Covid sub-forum has ably demonstrated.

big difference between peeps on a football forum spouting shit and elected mp's on 6 figure gigs spouting utter ****ing drivel.

the current elected morons have fecked just about everything , they have even managed to ruin our beautiful game

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Cases drop 3 days in a row, only 4000 today.

8543A21E-1C7A-4543-88B7-4C45D49D4B6F.png

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
big difference between peeps on a football forum spouting shit and elected mp's on 6 figure gigs spouting utter ****ing drivel.

the current elected morons have fecked just about everything , they have even managed to ruin our beautiful game

MPs are on a basic of £81932, so 5 figure gigs, and how did MPs ruin football?

Yoda

English & European
Am I missing the point here, wasn’t the whole point of the much maligned graph that it depicted what might happen if we did nothing, which clearly from all the bitching and moaning on here about restrictions is not the case...

I think what they are trying to say is, the measures that have just recently been put in place from that announcement, we shouldn't be seeing that dramatic an effect from them just yet.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think what they are trying to say is, the measures that have just recently been put in place from that announcement, we shouldn't be seeing that dramatic an effect from them just yet.

Understood, but isn’t it the case that the tested cases only make up a percentage of the actual cases... the unknown unknowns.

I believe it was potential total infections that the graph was based on and not positive tests.

While the number of cases has dropped over the last 3 days the numbers in hospital haven’t.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Understood, but isn’t it the case that the tested cases only make up a percentage of the actual cases... the unknown unknowns.

I believe it was potential total infections that the graph was based on and not positive tests.

While the number of cases has dropped over the last 3 days the numbers in hospital haven’t.

I think the scenario was referring to positive tests rather than just the estimated infections because the baseline figure was the 3000 or so and rising positive tests at that point. That being the case what we are seein now is a don't count your chickens type positive

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the scenario was referring to positive tests rather than just the estimated infections because the baseline figure was the 3000 or so and rising positive tests at that point. That being the case what we are seein now is a don't count your chickens type positive

I shan’t count my chickens, as I don’t even have any eggs...

It does seem as if some of the figures are plucked out of the air, and it was definitely a scare tactic to make some of the **** wits out there think about their actions, not that it seems to have worked!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I shan’t count my chickens, as I don’t even have any eggs...

It does seem as if some of the figures are plucked out of the air, and it was definitely a scare tactic to make some of the **** wits out there think about their actions, not that it seems to have worked!

When they are completely unrealistic and made up it has the opposite effect.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
and look at the deaths from all countries compared to cases. Nothing like the first lot in June. Very very low and this is on from the 2 weeks they say to wait. Nothing like it was back over easter anywhere . Baffling why we are under such restrictions really. I saw a stat of deaths and covid still below " accidents " . Crazy.

Cases seem to be the scare stick now though .

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
and look at the deaths from all countries compared to cases. Nothing like the first lot in June. Very very low and this is on from the 2 weeks they say to wait. Nothing like it was back over easter anywhere . Baffling why we are under such restrictions really. I saw a stat of deaths and covid still below " accidents " . Crazy.

Cases seem to be the scare stick now though .

Any chance of posting the stats of all causes of death?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The number of people being admitted has, so you'd hope the overall numbers in hospital will also follow.

A short data set of course, so can't read too much into it just yet.

[TWEET]1310633285576527878[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here