Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s not just the Tories. The Welsh Government is Labour and they are proving to be just as useless with these stupid contradictory rules. The whole country is run by morons.

Sorry to hear that.

I have to confess (hoping nobody's looking) but the labour leadership nationally and locally isn't all that, is it? Very disappointing. I had high hopes for Steer Calmer, but the time is coming for a '**** off, we said do this and you did that and it's all gone to bollocks, you dimbots' moment. I hate to say it but I fear it may never come.

Is that better [MENTION=19881]Birdie Boy[/MENTION]bollocks ???

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Sorry to hear that.

I have to confess (hoping nobody's looking) but the labour leadership nationally and locally isn't all that, is it? Very disappointing. I had high hopes for Steer Calmer, but the time is coming for a '**** off, we said do this and you did that and it's all gone to bollocks, you dimbots' moment. I hate to say it but I fear it may never come.

Is that better [MENTION=19881]Birdie Boy[/MENTION]bollocks ???
Much better thanks.
It's not just you, lots of people seem to want to hang Boris. Don't get me wrong he has made mistakes but I believe whomever was in power would have done. This is pretty new for anyone under 100+ years old.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Much better thanks.
It's not just you, lots of people seem to want to hang Boris. Don't get me wrong he has made mistakes but I believe whomever was in power would have done. This is pretty new for anyone under 100+ years old.

I'm not sure I want to hang Boris personally, but as PM the buck does stop with him.

So much of this whole scenario has been ill thought out, from world beating apps, to world leading testing, constant shuffling of the stats, ever more confusing info, to the point where even the PM doesn't know what the instructions are to the public...

Oh! and Barnard Castle, let's not forget that episode, that is where the rot set in of people not doing what they are asked, to the point now where only 18% of people follow self isolation rules when told...

It's been a poorly led shambles from the start, and to be honest shouldn't have been led by a one political party consensus.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Much better thanks.

Indeed. I think the problem is we humans do tend to conflate things. I find Boris to be charming and amusing, but he's also deplorable, and I wouldn't trust him alone for 5 minutes with wife, mother or daughter. If you can be bothered (and please don't - :lolol:) to trawl through my posts early in the year I really did cut Boris some slack during the first couple of weeks. However, setting my antipathy aside, Boris really has done a shockingly bad job and continues to do so. That's fact.

As for Starmer, well, I can't make up my mind whether he simply isn't in a position to offer better guidance (because Boris does not share all the intel - and I'm sure he doesn't), doesn't want to offer better guidance (because it is pointless - he's not the PM) or whether, even armed with the full facts (and he has most of them - we all do - the daily data updates) he doesn't know what might be a better plan (albeit why should he - there is no point him gathering a group of highly paid advsors like at Vallance and chums, and pontificating is pointless). And yet somehow it comes across as wishy washiness. Odd.

Anyway.....all that said and done, it isn't unreasonable to do a bit of emoting about HMG. On the one hand we have a PM with so little idea of what he supposedly instructed the nation recently he then 'misspoke' about it. Little wonder that people are running around, esecially up north, refusing to cover faces, abusing bus drivers and collapsing drunk on the streets. And we still have people like the one I just heard calling national radio to say that Covid deaths are less than flu deaths right now and there is no pandemic. Somewhere between the PM and the nation the decisions and the messages, if they ever existed, have become lost.

To me that sounds like a nation out of control, with weak leadership. But I could be wrong.

All the best.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To me that sounds like a nation out of control, with weak leadership. But I could be wrong.

there is no leadershp, however the problems happen in relatively small numbers, and happen everywhere. not just Wales, Scotland, abroad too. no ones really solved the pandemic problem, with restrictions rolling back, resinstated, localised and so on.

when we get into the numbers, the rises are quite localised. the vast majority of the country seem to be following the rules, sometimes grudgingly. the echo chamber of the newspaper and social media doomsters, love to focus on the transgessions giving an impression of out of control.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
FINALLY some MSM acknowledgement for the issues I was mentioning yesterday, we’ve heard sources say ministers are worried about the COVID body count that’s why they are so cautious, why don’t they care about all the poor people being left to die at home? It’s concerning that no senior figures (Whitty/Vallance/Hancock) etc who should be all over these numbers like a rash just don’t seem to care.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...l-beds-currently-taken-Covid-19-patients.html

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This is a bit out of date from June but at that stage most infections had indeed come from Europe: Coronavirus came to UK 'on at least 1,300 separate occasions'

The way it was relayed to me was that the discussion was much more recent so maybe little has changed? I was also told that its pretty grim in Madrid "ITUs at full capacity" - internet research indicates 41% of beds are taken by COVID patients, and we are four weeks behind mainland Europe.

If Johnson is keeping some details out of the public eye, its not hard to see the likes of Icke filling in the gaps with their own facts.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
EjMJeOcXYAElRHT.jpeg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The way it was relayed to me was that the discussion was much more recent so maybe little has changed? I was also told that its pretty grim in Madrid "ITUs at full capacity" - internet research indicates 41% of beds are taken by COVID patients, and we are four weeks behind mainland Europe.

If Johnson is keeping some details out of the public eye, its not hard to see the likes of Icke filling in the gaps with their own facts.

You are quite possibly right as that is a few months out of date. Would make sense as I imagine quite a few people have been to Spain.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You are quite possibly right as that is a few months out of date. Would make sense as I imagine quite a few people have been to Spain.

My man on the ground in Madrid says its pretty bad out there. Ignoring the tensions, they had 300 deaths one day last week.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
A further 44 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in hospital in England, bringing the total number of confirmed deaths reported in hospitals to 30,049, NHS England said on Thursday.

Patients were aged between 60 and 99 years old and all had known underlying health conditions.

The deaths were between September 18 and September 30.

Five other deaths were reported with no positive Covid-19 test result.

What does the last sentence actually mean ??

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
^ It means COVID was a suspected factor but no test was taken so they don’t officially list it, during the peak of the pandemic they were doing this as well.

Another 6000 positives today, but the new infections do seem to be levelling off, the 3 day average has been circa 6000 for a few days now. Interesting news from France today where Macron has come out and said anyone promising a vaccine by the end of the year or March/April is lying and so they are now perusing a ‘live with the virus’ rather than what Hancock has said himself, our tactic of suppressing the virus until there is a vaccine. I know I’ve said this all along and I sound like a broken record but I think it’s a massive mistake to basically bet everything on a vaccine.

Will be interesting to see the tactics other countries take over the next month or so.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
^ It means COVID was a suspected factor but no test was taken so they don’t officially list it, during the peak of the pandemic they were doing this as well.

Another 6000 positives today, but the new infections do seem to be levelling off, the 3 day average has been circa 6000 for a few days now. Interesting news from France today where Macron has come out and said anyone promising a vaccine by the end of the year or March/April is lying and so they are now perusing a ‘live with the virus’ rather than what Hancock has said himself, our tactic of suppressing the virus until there is a vaccine. I know I’ve said this all along and I sound like a broken record but I think it’s a massive mistake to basically bet everything on a vaccine.

Will be interesting to see the tactics other countries take over the next month or so.

I think we will see more and more adopting the living with it approach and unless Hancock switches we stand to get left behind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here