Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How is this being allowed to happen with no question or action from the government? Look how many excess deaths there are currently at home, and have been since lockdown began. Look at the hospital/deaths at home excess rates and tell me this isn’t a total and utter scandal, people are living in fear and dying at home instead of going to hospital, STILL.

E7F105B5-5659-4637-BD27-AAFFB97B0D2B.jpeg

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
How is this being allowed to happen with no question or action from the government? Look how many excess deaths there are currently at home, and have been since lockdown began. Look at the hospital/deaths at home excess rates and tell me this isn’t a total and utter scandal, people are living in fear and dying at home instead of going to hospital, STILL.

View attachment 128882

What are the cause of death for the excess home deaths? Home deaths of Covid possibly?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BJ must be rueing the day that Big Brain Dom won The Red Wall for him. Now has to forever pussyfoot around them instead of ordering the Thick As Mincers to Obey The Rule Of (Covid) Law

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What are the cause of death for the excess home deaths? Home deaths of Covid possibly?

Do you really think that many people would stay at home with covid symptoms to the point of death and not ring an ambulance? I’d be amazed if that would happen at all.

The numbers are now starting to reveal reality. The cure looks like it is now killing more people than the disease and the care home stats are inflating the overall issue which is a scandal in itself.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Do you really think that many people would stay at home with covid symptoms to the point of death and not ring an ambulance? I’d be amazed if that would happen at all.

The numbers are now starting to reveal reality. The cure looks like it is now killing more people than the disease and the care home stats are inflating the overall issue which is a scandal in itself.

I would have thought loneliness of the old, depression of the young are right up there. My mum in law has visibly aged with the constant scare stories not being able to see grandchildren, Ive seen her crying and shaking in front of me in despair, whereas mt mum who is 10 years older at 87 thinks the whole thing to stupid for words.

Just the bleakness of the situation painted by SAGE last week about never ending lock downs and not seeing family sent a few over the edge I would have thought.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They certainly are. One million dead worldwide :nono: :down:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-54334496

60M people die every year in the world. The cold hard facts are this virus normally preys on the clinically vulnerable and those who are very ill already, it’s a horrible number, but in the context of how many people are going to die all over the world from other causes because of this, I suspect one million is going to be well eclipsed by a long term depression and the many, many thousands who are suffering from other diseases and ailments because the government appear to only care about COVID.

My chart on the previous page shows the problem, between 8-1000 people a week are dying at home more than usual, that’s just in the U.K., I don’t have stats for the rest of the world. To put this number into perspective, during August the there was a week with around 60 deaths linked to covid, during that same week 800 people died at home more than usual, why?

It’s scandalous how these numbers go under the radar, not once have I heard the government muppets mention it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

So what did they die of? They must have all had death certificates?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
60M people die every year in the world. The cold hard facts are this virus normally preys on the clinically vulnerable and those who are very ill already, it’s a horrible number, but in the context of how many people are going to die all over the world from other causes because of this, I suspect one million is going to be well eclipsed by a long term depression and the many, many thousands who are suffering from other diseases and ailments because the government appear to only care about COVID.

My chart on the previous page shows the problem, between 8-1000 people a week are dying at home more than usual, that’s just in the U.K., I don’t have stats for the rest of the world. To put this number into perspective, during August the there was a week with around 60 deaths linked to covid, during that same week 800 people died at home more than usual, why?

It’s scandalous how these numbers go under the radar, not once have I heard the government muppets mention it.

I ask the question again, what did those people die of?

It is very hard to do any analysis of cause if you don't have all the data!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I ask the question again, what did those people die of?

It is very hard to do any analysis of cause if you don't have all the data!

Well they certainly didn’t die of COVID did they if 800 people died at home extra than usual and only 60 people died in all settings of COVID, there is no breakdown that I can find of actual cause of deaths for every individual person unfortunately I’m not sure that even exists.

It doesn’t take a genius to look at that data and realise the excess deaths at home, started after lockdown and numbers still aren’t decreasing, I could be wrong but for me this directly correlates to indirect causes of lockdown.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well they certainly didn’t die of COVID did they if 800 people died at home extra than usual and only 60 people died in all settings of COVID, there is no breakdown that I can find of actual cause of deaths for every individual person unfortunately I’m not sure that even exists.

It doesn’t take a genius to look at that data and realise the excess deaths at home, started after lockdown and numbers still aren’t decreasing, I could be wrong but for me this directly correlates to indirect causes of lockdown.

However, the number of victims dying every week from the disease is still a far cry from the 8,000-plus weekly deaths at the height of the crisis. The ONS report also shows flu and pneumonia killed eight times more people than Covid-19 in the week ending September 18.

Meanwhile, there are still 700 more people dying in their houses than medics would expect at this time of year, highlighting the negative knock-on effect the pandemic is having on the nation’s health.

Experts say many people are still too scared to use the NHS for fear of catching Covid-19, while others don't want to be a burden on the health service. Hospitals are still trying to get services back up and running and cut down record waiting lists after months of operating at a fraction of their capacity.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I must confess to agreeing to some of this to a point. It seems even more difficult than normal to get an appointment with a GP and Doctor's surgeries don't actually do much towards the testing and treatment of anyone with Covid-19.

If people aren't scared of Covid-19 then they haven't been paying attention, but that isn't to say people should either be avoiding or being denied medical care for other ailments.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

This is the problem, as I have stated, if there is no meaningful data to analyse then conclusions can't be drawn.

Excess deaths, as a rule of thumb, don't just happen, there will be an underlying cause.

It is too simple to say that the focus on Covid is the cause. How? What treatment weren't people getting that caused their deaths? How many additional suicides were there? And so on...

There are just so many variables.

The stats must be out there somewhere, unless they are being sat on - shit, now I'm starting a conspiracy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here