Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Most conspiracy theories are connected, as the word indicates. Its really just one fat theory: the world is ruled by a group that wants complete control over mankind for one reason or another. This theory has definitely affected the world for a very, very long time. Certainly not as much as the conspiracy itself, but the impact of this theory... enormous.

Perhaps not many listen to Icke - I avoid him myself - but people definitely listen to other conspiracy theorists: bands and musicians like Red Hot Chili Peppers & Michael Jackson, movies made by Oliver Stone and Stanley Kubrick, books written by George Orwell & Dan Brown... and the list never ends really.

You are right that there is millions of us (some things on your list I personally believe to be true) but its "always" been the case, regardless of how many you personally know/knew. We just didnt have anywhere (and in some ways still dont) have a way to express ourselves publicly as media didnt want to lend us the microphone (unless we're batshit crazy obviously, because that serves the purpose of portraying us as lunatics - which is not always the case).

Sorry, it might be a mistranslation but what parts of Orwell or Kubrick's work are conspiracy theories?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You've missed out the crucial words
"Estimated" "up to".

And on the article it says the NHS are back to precovid levels.

I get labelled a COVID denier or conspiracy theorist for saying similar things about COVID numbers so be careful :lolol:

Regardless, whether the number is 25000, 50000 or 500000 it’s still bloody awful, cancer is an evil disease. 50000 potentially living with cancer unbeknownst to them, and estimated 33000 cancer patients who’s treatment was paused/stopped. That’s just cancer, doesn’t even account for all the other issues that have been effected, I truly hope I’m wrong but I think the cancer death toll from this could be truly horrific this time next year.

As for numbers being back up to pre COVID levels, surely with the backlog of patients there are now, that isn’t good enough.

Yoda

English & European
For only the second time since mid-March we have ventured out, to a local garden centre, where again we managed to avoid people. My wife, who normally loves shopping hated every minute of it and just wanted us to be back indoors, safe in our sanctuary.

Be careful and mindful about that Wolfie. I remember reading a report in the main stream media where this woman's sister committed suicide following lockdown as the anxiety about being out, having to go back to work etc. and about near people got too much for her.

I can see there possibly being a big global mental health crisis following all these lockdowns once Covid is done and dusted. :down:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Be careful and mindful about that Wolfie. I remember reading a report in the main stream media where this woman's sister committed suicide following lockdown as the anxiety about being out, having to go back to work etc. and about near people got too much for her.

I can see there possibly being a big global mental health crisis following all these lockdowns once Covid is done and dusted. :down:

Thank you for your concern. It is a very difficult balancing act, as my wife’s cancer treatment puts her in the extremely vulnerable category! We have effectively been shielding since mid-March so find the switch back to any level of normality very difficult.

We have managed to get away a couple of times, staying in remote cottages, where we have been able to walk, without meeting any one, just seeing a different set of 4 walls has briefly restored a bit of sanity!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I get labelled a COVID denier or conspiracy theorist for saying similar things about COVID numbers so be careful :lolol:

Regardless, whether the number is 25000, 50000 or 500000 it’s still bloody awful, cancer is an evil disease. 50000 potentially living with cancer unbeknownst to them, and estimated 33000 cancer patients who’s treatment was paused/stopped. That’s just cancer, doesn’t even account for all the other issues that have been effected, I truly hope I’m wrong but I think the cancer death toll from this could be truly horrific this time next year.

As for numbers being back up to pre COVID levels, surely with the backlog of patients there are now, that isn’t good enough.

Those who are charged with trying to manage the finite resources available to the NHS during these unprecedented times have been repeatedly telling us that they need Covid-19 infection levels low (not eradicated) in order to perform all of the duties asked of them.

I do not know enough about healthcare management to challenge that view, so I have to take the word of those who dedicate their lives to saving others.

I can't imagine anyone who works in the health profession wants to deny anyone care that could make the difference between life and death if it can possibly be avoided.

Another thing that absolutely can't be ignored is the risk that Covid-19 presents to the immunosuppressed. We hear about how operations are cancelled and cancer patients have not treated, but there is rarely, if ever, mention of the risk involved in bringing these patients into hospital.

Whilst it can be tragic that some people can't get operations as scheduled, there may be a very real risk to them of contracting covid during that treatment. Yes, test can be done at the point of entry into hospital, but those tests are only accurate at the point of taking them and results may not be available until the following day. In short, it is essentially impossible to stop people bringing Covid-19 into hospitals.

Also, when viral spread in the community is high, oncologists need to decide, with their patients, what holds the greater risk for them - receive treatment and battering their immune system which leaves them highly vulnerable, or postponing treatment leaving them in better shape to fight Covid-19 should it reach them. These must be truly horrific decisions for those who want to save lives to have to make.

It's very easy to criticise from our keyboards, and suggest the NHS has handled things incorrectly, to suggest that Covid-19 has been given priority over all other health matters, but in many cases it's for a VERY good reason, and it's certainly not because medical professionals, advisors and hospital administrators want people with other issues to die, quite the contrary.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
To bring this back a bit more on track, we now have a Covid rate of death comparable to mid-May. Where is the Prime Minister, exactly?

What this guy, think I spotted him, hiding behind Robert Jenrick and George Eustice...

DEB27BE0-EC59-4EF7-B131-93B70C2135FA.jpeg

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Those who are charged with trying to manage the finite resources available to the NHS during these unprecedented times have been repeatedly telling us that they need Covid-19 infection levels low (not eradicated) in order to perform all of the duties asked of them.

I do not know enough about healthcare management to challenge that view, so I have to take the word of those who dedicate their lives to saving others.

I can't imagine anyone who works in the health profession wants to deny anyone care that could make the difference between life and death if it can possibly be avoided.

Another thing that absolutely can't be ignored is the risk that Covid-19 presents to the immunosuppressed. We hear about how operations are cancelled and cancer patients have not treated, but there is rarely, if ever, mention of the risk involved in bringing these patients into hospital.

Whilst it can be tragic that some people can't get operations as scheduled, there may be a very real risk to them of contracting covid during that treatment. Yes, test can be done at the point of entry into hospital, but those tests are only accurate at the point of taking them and results may not be available until the following day. In short, it is essentially impossible to stop people bringing Covid-19 into hospitals.

Also, when viral spread in the community is high, oncologists need to decide, with their patients, what holds the greater risk for them - receive treatment and battering their immune system which leaves them highly vulnerable, or postponing treatment leaving them in better shape to fight Covid-19 should it reach them. These must be truly horrific decisions for those who want to save lives to have to make.

It's very easy to criticise from our keyboards, and suggest the NHS has handled things incorrectly, to suggest that Covid-19 has been given priority over all other health matters, but in many cases it's for a VERY good reason, and it's certainly not because medical professionals, advisors and hospital administrators want people with other issues to die, quite the contrary.

Well said, this is the bit that so many people decide to ignore. For many people, the very act of having the treatment makes them far more vulnerable. I know this from first hand experience, my wife will continue to be extremely vulnerable for another 18 months. Clinical choices are clearly made to “postpone” treatment, with I hope consultation with the patient, for the ultimate benefit of the patient. It’s a tough choice when you start to weigh up what is more likely to kill you.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
exactly what group or people connects Marx and Hitler??

They were probably related. We know that Marx was related through blood to a certain Frankfurt based banking dynasty and with a high level of probability, Hitler's grandfather was a part of the Austrian division of the same family.

Its all a bit too OT though and perhaps should be discussed elsewhere.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They were probably related. We know that Marx was related through blood to a certain Frankfurt based banking dynasty and with a high level of probability, Hitler's grandfather was a part of the Austrian division of the same family.

Start a new thread on the main board. I'd be interested to see that Family tree :thumbsup:

Maybe we should have a conspiracy theory sub-forum ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Start a new thread on the main board. I'd be interested to see that Family tree :thumbsup:

Maybe we should have a conspiracy theory sub-forum ?

Indeed the family tree is interesting.

It would be nice with a general conspiracy theory thread as it would help prevent these types of off topic discussions to occur every now and then in other threads (like this one). But I wont start it as most people get fairly annoyed with the concept of people having thoughts outside of the box, so to speak. Plus it would most likely end up in the Bear Pit and I'm not going there even if they would discuss the most interesting topics of the world.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've seen more people and traffic about in the last 2 days than I have in months!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Very fair comment and I don't disagree, but I do hope that best use is being made of all the facilities available to the NHS across the country, to enable them to treat as many patients as possible, whatever their ailments may be. I am thinking of private hospitals, the Nightingale hospitals and also the provision of very covid secure areas in premises so that other treatments can be carried out alongside covid treatment. I know that in the early days of this wretched virus, some wards were left empty as treatments other than covid were stopped completely, orthopaedics, for instance.Understandably, back in March, there was a considerable degree of panic, but one would hope that in the interim period, hospitals have, as far as possible , adapted and will be in a better position to deal with whatever comes there way in the following months.
Finally, I do have reservations about GP practices from my own experiences and those of others, including some who work in surgeries, that the attention they have or have not received, from the doctors in particular, has been, let us say, patchy! Not wishing to cast aspersions across all practices, I am sure some have been giving excellent service.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I disagree. As you would imagine.

Conspiracy theorists are rife amongst the alt-right currently. You should embrace your anarcho- side -- as they're far more sceptical about hocus-pocus theories, and are genuinely interested in change -- and reject the paleo- side, as the only other paleos around are on the far/alt/'new' right and, really, they're just trying to divert attention away from the pressing issues, or instigate some horrific return to a 'natural' order.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

what family is that then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here