Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Were you one of them?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Were you one of those who said numerous times last season that you'd rather we played attractive football and lost/got relegated?

Well we're are a sinking ship at the moment playing some lovely football at times, so having got your wish i wondered how you're feeling?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was but luckily I'm not two-faced enough to deny all of that just too hammer this manager and the players, as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep and I’m feeling the season is not over yet

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lots of "White Flag Wavers" and "Towel Chuckers" have broken cover, that's for sure.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lots of "White Flag Wavers" and "Towel Chuckers" have broken cover, that's for sure.

Pathetic, isn’t it?

I’d expect this finger pointing, anger and foot stamping from young kids but not from grown men and women.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Were you one of those who said numerous times last season that you'd rather we played attractive football and lost/got relegated?

Well we're are a sinking ship at the moment playing some lovely football at times, so having got your wish i wondered how you're feeling?

Nope, but I did think it was time for a change, how anyone can think we were in a better position than last year is beyond me. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth last year. We needed a change, the management thought Potter was the answer and after several games earlier this season so did many, many others. It possibly is the wrong appointment, but you never know what or how the future will unfold, and I would rather we took that risk and it fail, than not try at all....

Or take pride in being part of that illustrious gang called “The I told you so’s”

#together

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was one of those.

I feel absolutely fine.

First and foremost I love good football. Then I love the Albion.

The second half of last year was anti football. How anyone could want to watch that, week in and out, for the sake of just staying up was beyond me.

My ego isn't desperate. Give me enjoyable, attractive football in the second division over anti football in the first. I'd prefer to have both in the first though. And we have.

So support your team.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No I wasn't, and I was gutted when CH was sacked.
Yes we could do with some of the points that CH's approach may have brought us, but the club made the right call.

There is no point being in the Premier league if you are not prepared to progress.
Better to be relegated trying than stagnate.

I found last night's result very annoying, because I have an irrational loathing of Bournemouth.
But the fact is we are playing better football than we were last season and there is an approach that isn't dependent on getting bodies in the way and hope for a point.

I would rather we were trying to improve than hoping we can hold on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No I wasn't, and I was gutted when CH was sacked.
Yes we could do with some of the points that CH's approach may have brought us, but the club made the right call.

There is no point being in the Premier league if you are not prepared to progress.
Better to be relegated trying than stagnate.

I found last night's result very annoying, because I have an irrational loathing of Bournemouth.
But the fact is we are playing better football than we were last season and there is an approach that isn't dependent on getting bodies in the way and hope for a point.

I would rather we were trying to improve than hoping we can hold on.

Exactly, everyone is forgetting that we took the lead at Bournemouth last year and then defended in depth for the rest of the game, coming away with exactly the same number of points as last night. It was grim watching last night but we did give it a go and the Bournemouth keeper got MOTM

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought this would be

"We're you one of the 'supporters' slagging off the players from close range last night after only 5 minutes".

Sadly not.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No - we were harsh on Hughton, and nothing has changed for me to doubt that opinion........

well other than we have a lot more possession, and play some nice football around the halfway line.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep and I’m feeling the season is not over yet

Bit of a worry though Icy. You've known where I stand since the end of May.

Like Hughton, unless we arm Potter with better players, this will be a bigger struggle than last season. I went last evening and even in the dominant first 30 mins and 15 min spell in the second half, we went wide and created good positions to deliver, but then had nothing in the box....... and repeat.

Possession is fine, but we are going nowhere.

Whilst I voted that Murray should go, we need a replacement. There is no presence up front. To bring on Connolly was actually laughable.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly, everyone is forgetting that we took the lead at Bournemouth last year and then defended in depth for the rest of the game, coming away with exactly the same number of points as last night. It was grim watching last night but we did give it a go and the Bournemouth keeper got MOTM

Didnt we have a player sent off?

You may be thinking about the previous season.......

But yes, we haven't improved from a points perspective and Bournemouth are worse this season IMO.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This place has gone into meltdown, same as last year. We are in a relegation battle, same as last year. I have faith in the manager to turn things around, same as last year.

Difference is I don't fall asleep watching us in the middle of the night anymore.

I hope we make a few changes here and there and really hope we sign a striker it two in the next couple of weeks. However I think the set up at the club is the right one to take us forward. this even included the possibility see if a couple of seasons in the Championship (something I would infinitely prefer to the suggestion of bringing in Big ****ing Sam).

Hold your nerve and your bladder people.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales

Last year we lost 2-0, I think. The year before we took the lead then lost.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We are not playing attractive football :shrug:

Whilst ‘Attractive football’ is self-evidently a subjective concept, I’d have to disagree with that. We are playing (or trying to play) a style of football widely accepted as decent. We are trying to retain possession, trying to keep the ball moving quickly, trying to keep it on the floor, trying to fashion good chances. The big BUT to this though, is that we are only achieving this whilst in control of proceedings.

When we suffer a setback, it can unravel quite quickly, and previously serene individual performances turn jittery in a flash. What 5 minutes earlier was a calm clever pass, becomes a risky pass. And the opposition sense it, feed off it, and are encouraged by it.

Last night was like a case study - utterly dominant for 25 minutes. Very clearly the better side, with technically better players. Yet once we suffered the setback, we looked a shambles.

I really like what GP is trying to do on the pitch, but I’d suggest that the team’s reaction in momentary adversity, is no great endorsement of all his emotional intelligence/ leadership qualifications. He needs to get a grip of this - by fixing the mindset of those he wants to play, or by changing some personnel to introduce some mental strength.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here