Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mike Bailey all over again

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Not yet but we’ve not got a Cardiff or a Huddersfield to save us this year
And we’re on less points than this time last year
Norwich & Bournemouth not the best but others around good enough to keep chalking up points
Maybe villa could keep us up but we couldn’t even beat them at home, with a 2nd half performance that was reminiscent from many performances from the back end of last season
Potter still not sure on his best starting 11 from week to week and it’s now January, it’s not squad rotation its not having a clue on who his best side is
Our away form hasn’t changed from last season and at home pretty much the same
Not heard now either for a while from pundits saying how much a better side we are from last season
We’ve still got a great chance of staying up and hopefully we will but very worrying signs IMO

Spot on - also
We have a good side but the same problem this year as previous - a lack of decent centre forwards. Let’s be honest, we currently have one championship striker, a youth who had one good match against Spurs & pensioner Murray. It doesn’t look as if we will sign anyone again this month, which I believe is foolhardy. We are sleep walking into relegation I regret & deservedly so without strengthening the team at this time. Worrying

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We'll dominate possession, find half-a-dozen new ways not to score and then let Callum Wilson break his long scoring duck five minutes from the end and lose 1-0. You know it, I know it, everyone on here knows it.

This is exactly what will happen - 4 centuries ago and you’d be a shoe in for being burned on Wednesday morning! :hilton:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Not yet but we’ve not got a Cardiff or a Huddersfield to save us this year
And we’re on less points than this time last year
Norwich & Bournemouth not the best but others around good enough to keep chalking up points
Maybe villa could keep us up but we couldn’t even beat them at home, with a 2nd half performance that was reminiscent from many performances from the back end of last season
Potter still not sure on his best starting 11 from week to week and it’s now January, it’s not squad rotation its not having a clue on who his best side is
Our away form hasn’t changed from last season and at home pretty much the same
Not heard now either for a while from pundits saying how much a better side we are from last season
We’ve still got a great chance of staying up and hopefully we will but very worrying signs IMO

Ya right we couldn't beat Villa at home but we did get a point. Didn't we lose to Cardiff at home last season? Have we been in the bottom 3 yet this season? We ain't in great form at the minute but have seen enough to suggest we can stay up with performances earlier in the season. Ok i admit we could still go down but this is the premiership and fans of many other clubs will be thinking the same. Current form of other relegation candidates only really suggests 1 rival club is looking safe, Southampton. All the others are still in the mix. What did we honestly expect, Europe? Its a tough league. The standard of coaching and players in this league meant it was always gonna be a much bumpier ride than the one Potter took Ostersunds on. In all honesty i never really wanted Hughton out but understood the gamble Mr Bloom was taking in an effort to get us to the next level. Just over half way in the season is not time to wave the white flag. Especially when we don't occupy a relegation spot as it stands. Glad i dont live in the same gloom that surrounds so many on here. And if the worst does happen Championship football is still much better than where we were in 1997!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here