Blimey, some people always find negative parallels from anything

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Need I say more
Only 3 years instead of 4 this time
Fans old enough will understand
Great while it lasted

Funnily enough it was the very point I made upon the sacking of CH that fans power who unhappy with the style of play influenced MBs sacking and dancing clowns appointment, yes the cup final was fun but ultimately we went down and it would take 30 years to get back again.

Having said that I don't think GP is as reckless and gun Ho as GM and we will stay up fingers crossed

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Need I say more
Only 3 years instead of 4 this time
Fans old enough will understand
Great while it lasted

Some things are similar but others aren't. For starters we aren't throwing money at players and giving them ridiculous length contracts.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Funnily enough it was the very point I made upon the sacking of CH that fans power who unhappy with the style of play influenced MBs sacking and dancing clowns appointment, yes the cup final was fun but ultimately we went down and it would take 30 years to get back again.

Having said that I don't think GP is as reckless and gun Ho as GM and we will stay up fingers crossed

I don’t think it had anything to do with fan influence on this occasion.

I think Bloom wanted a change ... simple as.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you tried to find a decent pair of white loafers anywhere these days?
:lolol:

All depends what you mean by decent ???

https://www.milanoo.com/p619773.htm...wIVCbLtCh0A6ATXEAQYBCABEgK39PD_BwE#C4688S4737

relegation shoes.jpg

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
If there is any comparison between then and now it is the season, where (a currently small but potentially growing number of) fans are unhappy with the situation because they are judging on the current/ short term.

The major difference between then and now is that TB and his board have a long term plan, and they will use their experience and expertise to judge whether we are going in the right direction, even if that means a short-term setback. If they feel we are not heading in the right direction, they will make changes, but they won't make a knee jerk reaction to short term thinking by fans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The problem with your parallel is that Chris Hughton’s team was not stable. It was on a downward spiral.

Sack promising but somewhat untested manager when team is boring but stable and replace with narcissistic professional-scouser wide-boy who has no track record of success as a manager, versus...

Sack much loved but old-school manager when team is boring and increasingly shit with unassuming modern and highly-regarded coach who had worked miracles with one of his two previous clubs, and halted the decline of the other

As my old man would have said "The OP doesn't know poop from clay"

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Remember it well - nothing like Mike Bailey IMO.....

I would say the Bailey era was probably more like Chris Hughton's, successful from a survival standpoint but from an entertaining perspective not what supporters wanted.

(Yes, I do realise that we finished ?13th under Bailey and 17th under Hughton - but I'm referring to style).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Remember it well - nothing like Mike Bailey IMO.....

I would say the Bailey era was probably more like Chris Hughton's, successful from a survival standpoint but from an entertaining perspective not what supporters wanted.

(Yes, I do realise that we finished ?13th under Bailey and 17th under Hughton - but I'm referring to style).

I think the OP is trying to suggest that Potter is the new Melia. Yes, I know, so absurd it whooshed you.

The one worrying parallel is that despite everything we might get relegated this season. But....one thing I can guarantee is we won't be arriving at Wmeberlee in a helecopter dressed in hideous suits.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fans and board not happy with boring but stable football, sack Bailey for jimmy melia and get relagated
Fans and board not happy with boring but stable football , sack Chris Hughton for potter and get relagated
There’s your parallel

Sorry missed this subsequent post, see what you're saying, but long way to go, and I would suggest Potter is a better manager than Jimmy Melia.

I was happy with Hughton, but am not unhappy with Potter.

I was very unhappy with Melia, Wembley or not........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sack promising but somewhat untested manager when team is boring but stable and replace with narcissistic professional-scouser wide-boy who has no track record of success as a manager, versus...

Sack much loved but old-school manager when team is boring and increasingly shit with unassuming modern and highly-regarded coach who had worked miracles with one of his two previous clubs, and halted the decline of the other

As my old man would have said "The OP doesn't know poop from clay"

Yes, though this is largely correct, obviously I don't agree with Hughton analysis, I honestly think he'd have shaken it up in the summer.
Of course, he might not have, would have been sacked by October, and we'd have ended up with Nigel Pearson..... Oh my word!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, though this is largely correct, obviously I don't agree with Hughton analysis, I honestly think he'd have shaken it up in the summer.
Of course, he might not have, would have been sacked by October, and we'd have ended up with Nigel Pearson..... Oh my word!

:lolol:

Potter OUT!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fans and board not happy with boring but stable football, sack Bailey for jimmy melia and get relagated
Fans and board not happy with boring but stable football , sack Chris Hughton for potter and get relagated
There’s your parallel

I think that’s been countered and shown to be inaccurate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here