Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa: one point gained or two points dropped?

Was Aston Villa one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 109 94.8%

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That’s 4 points Villa have taken from us this season :shootself:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Definitely 2 points dropped. If we have any chance of staying up we need to win these home games vs lower league opposition.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Obviously it is one point gained. We wouldn’t have expected to beat Tottenham but we did.

Anyone who does anything other than choose to be as positive as possible about the Albion at the moment is a complete idiot.

Awful lot of complete idiots on here today then, 1 v 41 on the voting.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Awful lot of complete idiots on here today then, 1 v 41 on the voting.

Funny how people see things. I see games like palace away where we dominated for so long and then threw it away 2 points dropped, of which there's been quite a few this season, but imo today isn't 2 points dropped based purely on how dogshit we played - we got exactly what we deserved today so hence not 2 points dropped. Obviously im in the minority though!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Villa were shit. Potters tactical ineptitude lost us the three points again.

Who are the biggest fools? The fans or the club for giving Potter a big contract.

I’ve seen us enough over the last 40 year to convince me that unless things change dramatically we are going down. Anyone who doesn’t think this is blindingly naive.

Start by bringing back Knockaert.

Get rid of Webster who’s a complete liability.

Get Alzate and Connolly back in the Under 23s where they belong as they bring nothing at the moment.

Sign a new creative midfielder with pace, an experienced centre forward who’s proven at this level and another right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Broadly we controlled the first half but weren't able to convert the superiority into goals, and in the PL if you don't get a second goal it can come back and hurt you.

An opportunity missed.

Said exactly this at HT. do we ever drive home our superiority when we take the lead? Spurs apart (but they had a real off day) I cannot recall us tearing anyone apart for what feels like ages.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Too many points dropped.

Which is why we are where we are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clickbait thread. Sorry [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

I can't see any polytechnic students writing their sociology thesis based on the content.

What might be more interesting is this. Football, a game of two halves? Discuss.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I can't see any polytechnic students writing their sociology thesis based on the content.
WTF has that got to do with anything? I really hope your own navel gazing has won Nobel prizes at least.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
WTF has that got to do with anything? I really hope your own navel gazing has won Nobel prizes at least.

I think that sometimes out host posts clickbait, that's all. But that's his prorogative. I can comment on it, though. That's mine :shrug:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Just back from the game and still fuming after that gutless, toothless second half performance. Whilst we were lucky to come away with a point after the last 45 minutes, it was certainly two points dropped. Should have put the game to bed in the first half, but what do you expect with our continued total inability to get the ball into the danger area, cross into the box or even shoot FFS? We can certainly out pass the opposition - until we lose possession and .........!

Atmosphere was good considering and the North really tried to get behind the team. Time to lick our wounds and get ready to grab 3 points on Tuesday. Up The Albion!

Positive from today - Bernardo.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Villa were shit. Potters tactical ineptitude lost us the three points again.

Who are the biggest fools? The fans or the club for giving Potter a big contract.

I’ve seen us enough over the last 40 year to convince me that unless things change dramatically we are going down. Anyone who doesn’t think this is blindingly naive.

Start by bringing back Knockaert.

Get rid of Webster who’s a complete liability.

Get Alzate and Connolly back in the Under 23s where they belong as they bring nothing at the moment.

Sign a new creative midfielder with pace, an experienced centre forward who’s proven at this level and another right back.

You speak such wise words that I only disagree slightly with one point that is to bring back Knockhaert as I do not consider that he offers enough for long enough ina game butthe rest is 100% correct IMHO.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
You speak such wise words that I only disagree slightly with one point that is to bring back Knockhaert as I do not consider that he offers enough for long enough ina game butthe rest is 100% correct IMHO.

Alzate is a very good prospect, adds something to the first team and will improve by staying with the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here