Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa: one point gained or two points dropped?

Was Aston Villa one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 109 94.8%

• Total voters

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Can't call it 2 points dropped when you play like that.

Doesn't feel like a point gained either really, so ... :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two dropped, two that we might need come the end of the season now. A defeat on Tuesday would confirm another relegation scrap for the 2nd half of the season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How can being 1 up against possibly the worst team in the division at home , then surrendering it be 1 point gained?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Feeling bit deflated by both the performance and the result. Need to really come out firing on all cylinders on Tuesday.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Feeling bit deflated by both the performance and the result. Need to really come out firing on all cylinders on Tuesday.
Well if we do you can be assured we will be completely drained second half !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Obviously it is one point gained. We wouldn’t have expected to beat Tottenham but we did.

Anyone who does anything other than choose to be as positive as possible about the Albion at the moment is a complete idiot.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I always think drawing from a winning position is two points dropped. Always.

Even if I didn't, I don't think you can watch that game and say it wasn't dropped points. There are games where we don't win and we can point to the quality of the opposition's game, the way they controlled the game, or stopped us playing our game. You can't say that about villa. They had some good play, a fair bit of possession, but it never felt to me like they 'won' or 'earned' possession, or that they forced us into our mistakes. It was us not playing well. We gave them everything they needed to get something from the game. We didn't jut drop our points, we gifted them their point.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Let's hope GP admits two dropped and doesn't come out with his usual spiel. Villa were awful and there for the taking. We were just not good enough to take advantage

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I know today was a big game, but now Tuesday is an equally big one. Bournemouth will be desperate to win.....and we can't afford to be anything other than massively up for it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone here know what he said on Radio Sussex?

I’d respect candid reflections along the lines you mention.

Broadly we controlled the first half but weren't able to convert the superiority into goals, and in the PL if you don't get a second goal it can come back and hurt you.

An opportunity missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here