Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Time To Play Everton?

el punal

All does not seem well at Camp Goodison at present. According to their fans on their forum “Grand Old Team” Everton’s performance against a mainly under strength Liverpool in the FA Cup was awful. I’ve just read that a group of their fans went to the training ground to voice their concerns which were answered by Everton’s director of football Marcel Brands.

In addition to the general malaise within their club fans are worried about how the team will perform against our skilful passing and expansive play. Probably for the first time ever Everton fans have conceded that we are the better footballing side. As we have never beaten the Toffees on their home soil could this be moment to grab all three points? Here’s hoping.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some good stuff on The Athletic, apparently Big Dunc tore into a few players who then answered back. Players blaming the tactics of Ancelotti already.

They are looking terrible at the moment - but sadly they now have a big point to prove at home to their fans. We need to stay in the game, let the crowd get edgy / on the teams back and then go for the 3-0 win.

Sadly in typical Brighton fashion, we'll likely rollover and have our bellys tickled

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some good stuff on The Athletic, apparently Big Dunc tore into a few players who then answered back. Players blaming the tactics of Ancelotti already.

They are looking terrible at the moment - but sadly they now have a big point to prove at home to their fans. We need to stay in the game, let the crowd get edgy / on the teams back and then go for the 3-0 win.

Sadly in typical Brighton fashion, we'll likely rollover and have our bellys tickled

Yep. We seem to reserve some of our worst away performances for Goodison.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best Time To Play Everton?

When Silva was conning a living in charge.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They don't seem very happy at the moment, hopefully the Liverpool U15's will have given Potter a clue as to how to beat them.

el punal

Yep. We seem to reserve some of our worst away performances for Goodison.

The game when we lost 2-0 in our first season in the PL (2017/18) was truly awful. Knockaert threw his toys out of the pram with a two footed lunge on an Everton player and rightly got sent off. The rest of the team might as well have gone off with him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I watched that game and Everton weren't actually that bad, although obviously you'd expect them to beat a bunch of, admittedly talented, kids. With better finishing in the first half they would've done that comfortably.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We'll do the usual Brighton thing, turn up against someone on a bad run or problems in the club and get beaten.

Maybe, but Arsenal were playing badly and we beat them. Spurs were playing badly and we sent them packing. Bournemouth as well.

I’d rather be playing against a team playing badly. I think we have a great chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

:facepalm: Embarrassing faux-ultra wannabees. Even the Palace goonsquad haven't marched on their training ground yet.

(Sure they've protested at the ground, threatened to fight players on the pitch, given scary cut-throat gestures at their 'heroes' after defeats, and sent them strongly-worded letters telling them that a repeat of poor performances will 'not be acceptable or tolerated', but, that's normal behaviour, right?)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For me its all about how we start. If we can get at them from the off and frustrate them, get on the front foot, keep the ball, get the crowd restless, let all their doubts start creeping in then we can harvest something from this game.

If we start slowly and they tear into us, whip the crowd up, press us back, then the usual will inevitably happen.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Best time to play them? We'll lose then

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Best time to play them? We'll lose then

Good afternoon Mr Happy, time to change your outlook on life maybe, :smile:

while your at it please change that badge, it truly was the worst badge we have ever had and I cringe every time I see it (although my skint rugby top with that logo is my favourite)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yep, History would suggest that this is exactly what will happen. United were shit and not getting results expected when they played us. Went on to put in their best performance of the season against us :down:

We tend to be the go to club for teams or players needing something to get them back on track

We have bucked that trend a couple of times recently though in fairness. I’ll take a scrappy point

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we're going full on 'typical Albion' then we'll win on Saturday.

That win will put us one more win away from looking up instead of over the shoulder.

That's the game the Albion will lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here