Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can you imagine what NSC would have been like many years ago

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Some of the reactions on here....

Imagine the Walton and hersham game, the leatherhead game, Oxford United , Kingstonian etc.

Yesterday we just didn’t turn up and it was a tad alarming how our game cannot be adapted to dispatch a poor side. Tippy across the back bollocks was not what we wanted...knocky hammering down the wing was what we needed.

But at the end of the day, losing at home to leatherhead and Kelly the lip was the most horrendous of days. Yesterday, because of the way that people dismiss the fa cup as an irrelevance, it will be forgotten very quickly!

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Leatherhead weren't that bad actually,went 2-0 at Leicester in the next round

and Walton & Hersham were one of the best non league teams around at the time,winning the FA Amateur Cup at Wembley

not forgetting we were a pretty shit 3rd division team at that time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Imagine the Walton and hersham game, the leatherhead game, Oxford United , Kingstonian etc.

Yesterday we just didn’t turn up and it was a tad alarming how our game cannot be adapted to dispatch a poor side. Tippy across the back bollocks was not what we wanted...knocky hammering down the wing was what we needed.

But at the end of the day, losing at home to leatherhead and Kelly the lip was the most horrendous of days. Yesterday, because of the way that people dismiss the fa cup as an irrelevance, it will be forgotten very quickly!

Every cup defeat is a sad day, some worse than others. Probably alone here but I’d rather go out like we did yesterday than relive last year’s Semi Final which I found really flat and dull. I also think it affected our league form so although I was pissed off by yesterday at the time, I’m now over it :shrug: There was so much excitement about the semi final which we never looked like winning but I guess for the fans who’d never had a long cup run it was brilliant. Each to their own :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

images.jpeg

Might have been a few if these types :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Every cup defeat is a sad day, some worse than others. Probably alone here but I’d rather go out like we did yesterday than relive last year’s Semi Final which I found really flat and dull. I also think it affected our league form so although I was pissed off by yesterday at the time, I’m now over it :shrug: There was so much excitement about a game we never looked like winning but I guess for the fans who’d never had a long cup run it was brilliant. Each to their own :thumbsup:

I think it was more frustrating than that personally. We had a decent team out who should have rolled Wednesday without breaking sweat, but our game is no longer a fast break type game...it’s a slow tip tap game that relies on set pieces these days.

Our midfield should have over run theirs. We only had a handful of shots all game!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

and Walton & Hersham were one of the best non league teams around at the time,winning the FA Amateur Cup at Wembley

You remember the ‘ Leatherhead lip ’

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether

But we were still a fully professional team in the Football League. We had good reason to moan then and moan we did....among ourselves . The difference then was that there was no internet.

Coming back to this weekend, I am disappointed, I had hoped for Cup success , Not this year now.
I agree with the o/p... onwards and upwards.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Coming back to this weekend, I am disappointed, I had hoped for Cup success , Not this year now.
I agree with the o/p... onwards and upwards.

me too

a domestic cup is the only thing Brighton are going to win in my lifetime
so it's another year gone by

sadly the FA Cup is on it's arse and always will be now

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008

Ha absolutely. 8-2 at home to Bristol Rovers would have run into hundreds if not thousands of pages!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I watched the games from the West Stand terrace behind the dugout.
Not good days!
That was where I watched the Bristol Rovers 8-2 thrashing............even worse, I reckon.:D

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
at the time the Oxford 0-3 was a shocker

weren't they 3 up at half time? fella called Cassels?

but in hindsight they were on the way up and we were on the way down

I think Oxford even won the League Cup a few seasons later

Struggling to remember their manager,don't think it was Jim Smith,a fella with grey hair?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
at the time the Oxford 0-3 was a shocker

weren't they 3 up at half time? fella called Cassels?

but in hindsight they were on the way up and we were on the way down

I think Oxford even won the League Cup a few seasons later

Struggling to remember their manager,don't think it was Jim Smith,a fella with grey hair?

I remember Cassells

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here