Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Au contraire. Malcolm foresaw Bournemouth’s relegation. Way ahead of his time:

‘There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time.’

Keep up ... I made that joke several hours ago

Slower than a Bournemouth defender :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bournemouth will not stand in the way of any players seeking moves - potentially opening the door for Manchester United to sign Wales winger David Brooks, 23

They have declared open season on the squad, therefore will not be challenging for promotion and probably will fall straight through the division....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bournemouth will not stand in the way of any players seeking moves - potentially opening the door for Manchester United to sign Wales winger David Brooks, 23

They have declared open season on the squad, therefore will not be challenging for promotion and probably will fall straight through the division....

We can hope.
They bought their way in to the EPL without any sanction. Time to reap what the hey sowed

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We can hope.
They bought their way in to the EPL without any sanction. Time to reap what the hey sowed

Yep, agreed.

The owners will pull out before the season is over leaving crippling debts....

Such a shame :lolol:

I was there way back in 95 the day some of our fans lost the plot, they had no sympathy for us in our hour of need and none shall be forthcoming from me in theirs...

They remind me of Orient, a shitty little team that thought we should be honored to be their rivals, what made it worse was they nearly always beat us..

Feck em....

el punal

Which is exactly what a friend of mine predicted before the end of last season. With no TV money to sustain them, sell all their best players to try and recoup some of the money that they’ll lose out on with their demotion, rely on a threadbare squad to see them through. Yep, all the ingredients of a double drop into League One.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Which is exactly what a friend of mine predicted before the end of last season. With no TV money to sustain them, sell all their best players to try and recoup some of the money that they’ll lose out on with their demotion, rely on a threadbare squad to see them through. Yep, all the ingredients of a double drop into League One.

Add fo that they have put a yes man in charge.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
We can hope.

Almost true. From the BBC website in 2018:

Bournemouth will pay £4.75m to the Football League to settle a Financial Fair Play (FFP) dispute, arising from their promotion to the Premier League in the 2014-15 season.

The Cherries had originally expected to be fined £7.6m after accruing huge losses as they won the Championship.

But they now have settled on a lower figure.

The EFL said the club "did not make any deliberate attempt to infringe the rules or to deceive".

They got away with one for sure, but they did gat a mild slap on the wrist.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I'd be surprised if Brooks went to United. I am sure I read a tweet yesterday from a Leeds fan who stated they would be signing him for £15 million. :facepalm:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sad stuff.

Worth some sentimental music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxEHi6Mlzmk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here