Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next leader of the Labour party

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Labour are now 10 years away from power....so the next leader will make no difference imo.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Big question is what will the Labour party membership do and that joker McCluskey. They will continue to push for this far leftist agenda. Why do I say that because it was apparent to most people that Corbyn and co were not popular with the electorate but they continued with them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Massive decision this for Labour, Burnham would be a good choice

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
A few years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Keir Starmer a few times and to me he came across as a decent, honest and thoughtful man. I'd still rather David Lammy for leader though. Clever, funny, quick to take down idiots and would brutalise Johnson at PMQs without resorting to the standard political point scoring that's so disengaging. Jess Phillips as deputy. That's a team that would get me voting Labour.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Doesn't Corbyn have a Brother that could have a go? Either that or John McDonnell, would guarantee another landslide to the Tories!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I can't see how a moderate can win the labour election, it will be a Corbyn type.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I agree with KZN(post 13). Lisa Nandy was personally a Remainer but representing a large leave voting area(Wigan) she represented her constituents wishes and supported Leave. She spoke great sense on BBC this morning and has done well on Question Time - she is a communicator and realises Labour needs to listen if it is ever to recover. Many many people think BJ is a buffoon but there has been such a dearth in leadership from Labour over the past 10 years and little sign of imminent change that the Torres have walked it

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A few years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Keir Starmer a few times and to me he came across as a decent, honest and thoughtful man. I'd still rather David Lammy for leader though. Clever, funny, quick to take down idiots and would brutalise Johnson at PMQs without resorting to the standard political point scoring that's so disengaging. Jess Phillips as deputy. That's a team that would get me voting Labour.

and ensure probably 10 years in the political wilderness.

Starmer for me.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Just watched Wes Streeting MP for Illford North on the BBC

Very impressed, just the kind of centre left, eloquent, anti Corbynism leader the Labour party need.

FFS lets get someone like him in charge before the loonies convince themselves that they need to move further left when all the evidence and logic says they need to move to the centre.

If Boris stays for the full 5 years, it will be almost 50 years since anyone but Tony Blair won an election for Labour. He was the most successful leader ever and he was a centre left politician that drove the hard left out, Labour needs to begin that battle again or stay in opposition for ever. Wes could be a good start.

I know Wes from his time at NUS. He would make an excellent leader - however I suspect he is seen as too Blarite for the Momentum members that have flooded the party over the last few years. I hope he becomes a future leader (and PM).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I know Wes from his time at NUS. He would make an excellent leader - however I suspect he is seen as too Blarite for the Momentum members that have flooded the party over the last few years. I hope he becomes a future leader (and PM).

So the Labour members would rather have a Momentum endorsed candidate, who will lose, than a Blarite type who could very well win?

Brilliant.

They've turned the Labour Party into a protest party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here