Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] How many are the Tories going to win by?

How many are the Tories going to win by?

• 1-10

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • 21-30

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • 41-50

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • 61-70

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 81-90

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 91-100

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 100+

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • They will not have a majority

Votes: 53 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If there's a healthy Conservative majority do our Labour supporting NSCers expect Corbyn to resign or do you think he would soldier on ?

Soldier on, and change the party constitution so that members can nominate as well as vote for the leader, when he eventually steps down (my guess is he will carry on until he is in his mid 80s, owing to his massive popularity among the membership). That way a perpetual momentum hegemony will be established, and labour will never hold power again.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Soldier on, and change the party constitution so that members can nominate as well as vote for the leader, when he eventually steps down (my guess is he will carry on until he is in his mid 80s, owing to his massive popularity among the membership). That way a perpetual momentum hegemony will be established, and labour will never hold power again.

However in the real world.

Yes, He'll resign on a Con Maj.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So, if you don't win.

Pollsters fault or the Tory media? Or a bit of both?

I think our media is biased and stuck in an age of old print media moguls and not decent independent publications with editorial morals and impartiality. The few picking up the baton of the left are underfunded and struggle to compete against the giant empires. I do go in news agents occasionally and wonder how people can still by The Sun, The Mail after all they've done?? Why? They carry so much influence to - hence measles is returning with the Mail led hysteria around vaccinations. I'd be put off my chips if they were wrapped in that filth.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
How many are the Tories going to win by?

:lolol::lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How dare you fill me with unbridled hope :lolol:

He'd have to, wouldn't he?

He'd have presided over two losses within two and a half years. One defeat was against an opponent who ran one of the worst (if not, the worst) election campaigns in history.

The second defeat, if it happens, will be against an absolute buffoon of an opponent who lacks any credibility at all.

Beyond that, if the Tories achieve a reasonable working majority, Corbyn will be 75 by the time the next election comes around. Whilst I'd love to have his energy when I'm that age, I'm not sure 75 is the age to commence a stint as PM, even if he was somehow able to lead Labour to a win next time round.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I think our media is biased and stuck in an age of old print media moguls and not decent independent publications with editorial morals and impartiality. The few picking up the baton of the left are underfunded and struggle to compete against the giant empires. I do go in news agents occasionally and wonder how people can still by The Sun, The Mail after all they've done?? Why? They carry so much influence to - hence measles is returning with the Mail led hysteria around vaccinations. I'd be put off my chips if they were wrapped in that filth.

Indeed Mr Bold.

If I were to buy a copy of the mail, I'd be so embarrassed that I'd have to buy a copy of Razzle or Playboy to carry it around in.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
SOme polling stations reported to be 20 (twenty) times businer than usual as members of the general public are desperate to get Brexit done.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Media then.

Nothing to do with policies....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He'd have presided over two losses within two and a half years. One defeat was against an opponent who ran one of the worst (if not, the worst) election campaigns in history.

The second defeat, if it happens, will be against an absolute buffoon of an opponent who lacks any credibility at all.

Beyond that, if the Tories achieve a reasonable working majority, Corbyn will be 75 by the time the next election comes around. Whilst I'd love to have his energy when I'm that age, I'm not sure 75 is the age to commence a stint as PM, even if he was somehow able to lead Labour to a win next time round.

I would LOVE to think you're right. And please bounce this if he is gone by midday tomorrow,

But I would be prepared to eat [MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION]'s big Richie Blackmore hat if he does go immediately after conceding defeat. Gladly. It isn't his style.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think this shit weather will help Labour.

In simplistic terms, retired people have all the time in the world to get down to the polling station, whereas your busy parents have Christmas to prepare for, kids at school, middle of the working week plus the commute and with it pissing down and two mediocre candidates I can see lots of these people giving it a miss.

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think this shit weather will help Labour.

In simplistic terms, retired people have all the time in the world to get down to the polling station, whereas your busy parents have Christmas to prepare for, kids at school, middle of the working week plus the commute and with it pissing down and two mediocre candidates I can see lots of these people giving it a miss.

#getting the excuses in already
regards
DF

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think 30% of the voters on this poll are in for a disappointment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

he'll announce the Labour party will hold a conversation and reflect on the outcome of the election, he'll stay on to allow time for others to prepare for the transition.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]1205127777319567360[/tweet]

Does this sway your scrote, oooops I mean vote :blush:

Bold move. You can only begin to imagine the abuse and threats she'll be getting.

I was going to say that Shy Tory-ism must be at an all-time high. I rarely open any of the three main social networks but I have today, out of curiosity, and it's just post after post of "vote Labour" or "don't vote Tory".

I'm pretty sure this is the first instance I've seen of anyone pronounce they will/have vote Tory.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bold move. You can only begin to imagine the abuse and threats she'll be getting.

I was going to say that Shy Tory-ism must be at an all-time high. I rarely open any of the three main social networks but I have today, out of curiosity, and it's just post after post of "vote Labour" or "don't vote Tory".

I'm pretty sure this is the first instance I've seen of anyone pronounce they will/have vote Tory.

[tweet]1205111299304235008[/tweet]

There's even a Love Actually theme going on here!
Social media has advanced the reach to Joe public, in order to get that mearest morsel of a vote.
Luckily I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, so don't have to endure this sort of stuff, I only see this stuff when it gets WhatsApp to me.
On nights tonight, so won't have to endure the constant news updates of whose won the seat for Royston Vasey:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here