Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Did You Know?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
a banana plant is a herbaceous plant, shortend to herb. a banana is a fruit or berry.

Apparently, its also dying out due to a menacing fungus. The Cavendish will soon be no more.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Had to look that up. Isle of Wight is approx 150 square miles which equates to 4,181,763,051. Earth's population is 7.7billion.

this probably says something about population growth in decades since they devised the original fact.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did Tyrannosaurus Rex eat Stegosaurus?

The absurdity of the question becomes clearer when you consider that human beings are closer to T-Rex (in time) than a T-Rex is to a Stegosaurus! No chowing down on a thagomizer for the big guy!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I like the wisdom of Paul Calf (Steve Coogan),

"There is no such thing as the Welsh language, they make it up as they go along just to piss the English off"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It would have to be a two story Isle of White so it could be updated to make good on the population growth since the original stat.

I've never once considered giving the Isle of Wight a mezzanine floor, but when you think of it I quite like the idea.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I’m sure Dexys Midnight runners was about slinging drugs in Dublin

DYK that about 50% of people remain seated on the toilet when wiping their behind after a poo, the other 50% stand.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Dexys Midnight Runners although I don't agree either.

I'm sure that the issue of whether to stand or sit when wiping your behind after a poo is as divisive a matter as Brexit. I just can't stand discussing it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm sure that the issue of whether to stand or sit when wiping your behind after a poo is as divisive a matter as Brexit. I just can't stand discussing it.

Deserves its own thread, tbh.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The earth is only 2019 years old and made by a man in the sky... and it is also flat

Rubbish. Everybody knows it is 4,500 years old and was made in 6 days. And the bloke wot did it was so chuffed he had a day off on the 7th day.

And that fossils and do on which can be carbon-dated to older than 4,500 years are purely an elaborate hoax - fake News.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Will be a good thread.

In fact it’s almost perfect timing as everyone warms up for the boxing day poo

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Killer whales are actually dolphins - the name was originally the other way round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here