Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Potter is 20 years younger you Pratt Of course Chris has achieved more. !

Now we are getting somewhere - let everyone keep a sense of proportion.

CH was also manager of Brighton for 4 1/2 years and very successful here - Potter has been manager for 7 1/2 months - he has done very well so far - so lets hope he is at least as successful as Hughton and everyone will be delighted.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Now we are getting somewhere - let everyone keep a sense of proportion.

CH was also manager of Brighton for 4 1/2 years and very successful here - Potter has been manager for 7 1/2 months - he has done very well so far - so lets hope he is at least as successful as Hughton and everyone will be delighted.
Most of us are already delighted.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It is about the 100th time it has been asked - and the answer is still the same - it shouldn't matter and I will not be bullied into answering the question.

You are on a brighton messageboard. The clue is in the word Brighton. Whilst it is not compulsory to support the Albion it is nothing, if not good manners to say who you support, if it is not the Albion. This is especially the case if you are going to be confrontational. You are either a wind up merchant or just lacking in manners.
BTW, It’s not bullying and to claim that is is very cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is about the 100th time it has been asked - and the answer is still the same - it shouldn't matter and I will not be bullied into answering the question.

It does matter. In the loose "it's a pub" rules of NSC, Brighton fans tend to be given a little more leeway and also helped out by this community whenever they are in need. Annoying bores? Not so much. I'm done enganging with you anyway. Have a nice life.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Lovely stuff.

Had a "horrible" first half stuck under one of the overhanging tiers. Really annoying acoustics for me. Can't hear anything from the pitch, only people around you. You feel completely disconnected from the game.

Luckily (and I disagree with many on here who have had a different experience) I bumped into Beach Hut in the toilet who was able to guide me to where he was sitting.

Not much better than a slightly boozy pre-Christmas away win in London.

Oi...I was sitting there as well...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fantastic match, took me about 2 hours to come down from the high. Fortunately it’s the weekend in Abu Dhabi and I can just chill today.

I was still wide awake at 2am, reading Nsc etc. Fortunately I'm retired.
I might just watch the whole match again this morning.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am gobsmacked that you think it’s unreasonable, when you are so vociferous in your opinions about BHA, that you aren’t willing to answer the question as to who you support. We now know it’s definitely not Brighton so why the shyness?

It’s frankly bizarre that you consider it attempted bullying that you keep being asked and refuse to answer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am gobsmacked that you think it’s unreasonable, when you are so vociferous in your opinions about BHA, that you aren’t willing to answer the question as to who you support. We now know it’s definitely not Brighton so why the shyness?

It’s frankly bizarre that you consider it attempted bullying that you keep being asked and refuse to answer.

Just confirms it's nothing more than a huge WUM.........stopping replying to it will starve it of the oxygen it seems to thrive on :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bloody hell.

Spence has given up shitting all over topics only to let JRG pick up the slack.

Give it a f**king rest.
Quite possibly the same person/troll.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Haha. I also suffer with sleeping after an Albion game. Usually worse when we lose. Saturday 1230 (UK) kick offs are the best for us in the UAE.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Too true, had a sneaky kip before the match started too.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
What a game, we made Arsenal look dog shit, while playing decent football ourselves. We looked in control most of the game (admit they came at us early in the in 2nd half and end of 1st half) but we did well to snuff them out.

Anyone else notice how many times Stephens stopped to do up his laces? Felt like shouting to him to come to the side and I would tie them up for him, like a dad and son at a U9's game.

It does matter. In the loose "it's a pub" rules of NSC, Brighton fans tend to be given a little more leeway and also helped out by this community whenever they are in need. Annoying bores? Not so much. I'm done enganging with you anyway. Have a nice life.

Is that the suggestion of a ban ? I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No it doesn't matter, it would just be a courtesy to say. There is another poster on here, NooBHA, (geddit?) who also only joined NSC because he's a mate of CH and we know he's a Motherwell fan. He's still posting, and he's a respected and valued member who doesn't wind people up.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was still wide awake at 2am, reading Nsc etc. Fortunately I'm retired.
I might just watch the whole match again this morning.

Ha Ha I think I drooped off about 1AM

I still cannot stop singing my now new favorite Christmas chant, gave a lovely touch to a brilliant night. Not that the Arsenal fans on the tube thought much of it.

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to Davy Propper

Repeat...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No it doesn't matter, it would just be a courtesy to say. There is another poster on here, NooBHA, (geddit?) who also only joined NSC because he's a mate of CH and we know he's a Motherwell fan. He's still posting, and he's a respected and valued member who doesn't wind people up.

An ardent CH fan who, even if he doesn’t agree, can actually take on board plenty of the non vitriolic comments. He knows that we are all grateful for what CH did and doesn’t feel the need to keep banging on about what CH might or might not have done if he’d stayed, whatever he actually feels.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've asked [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] this twice in the last couple of weeks.
Unfortunately he hasn't even bothered to reply to my posts.
Perhaps the mods like the trolling.

Just ignore the bloke. That's what I'm doing from now on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just confirms it's nothing more than a huge WUM.........stopping replying to it will starve it of the oxygen it seems to thrive on :shrug:

Certainly puts a lot of effort into it though!

I have decided he’s a CH fan and a CH fan only, so he supports CH rather than the team he manages. I expect him to disappear once CH has a new club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here