Well - Brighton - got fired from that one

Chelsea - always going to appoint Lampard

Newcastle - well you do know the history there

Watford - and they had hired QSF before they even fired Garcia

and now

Arsenal

and

Watford again - trying to double down.

There have been 14 managerial changes in the Championship since May - how many do you think were offered to Hughton?

Offered ? Not many

Asked to be interviewed ? I’d have thought most of them would have approached his agent.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
They started off okay, but results lately are not so...
Competing with their neighbours in Brentford, probably irks them, especially when they're doing so well.
CH could do a decent job for them, similarly to the Albion.

Don't they have issues with the ground and need to move etc - can't see any money available - the owners don't seem to want to spend until the ground is sorted - at 60 if Hughton is going to take a Championship team he really would want to get them promoted by next season at the latest to get another decent crack at the PL.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What PL jobs have become available since Hughton was sacked

Well - Brighton - got fired from that one

Chelsea - always going to appoint Lampard

Newcastle - well you do know the history there

Watford - and they had hired QSF before they even fired Garcia

and now

Arsenal

and

Watford again - trying to double down.

There have been 14 managerial changes in the Championship since May - how many do you think were offered to Hughton?

You forgot his old club, Spurs!!!!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
He's a 60-year-old man, has now been out of work for six months and wants to manage in the Premier League again.

I think that would classify him as more of a "beggar" than a "chooser" right now, even if Watford have a revolving door on the manager's office.

Ah yes! that was my answer to Jolly Red Giant. But does he need a job , for his own sanity and pride I would say Yes! definitely. And i would suggest a good fit. They have a decent squad.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't they have issues with the ground and need to move etc - can't see any money available - the owners don't seem to want to spend until the ground is sorted - at 60 if Hughton is going to take a Championship team he really would want to get them promoted by next season at the latest to get another decent crack at the PL.

The QPR ground issue had been dragging on for a while now, but that shouldn't stop them having ambition.
In Brentford they've got a copycat of the Amex, in regards to being a community stadia, which looks pretty decent (drove past recently). Apologies TB.
I do k ow that QPR want to push for PL, but as you say funding is the stumbling block.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
You forgot his old club, Spurs!!!!

Yep - you are right - and didn't Levy make a pigs dinner out of that one - I pity Spurs fans having to listen to that whinging, bigoted, narcissist - he certainly hasn't shaken off any of his family's links to Salazar. Wouldn't you think that a club with a tradition of support from the Jewish community would have done a better background check.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Everton would be a better job for CH to go after but it seems that Moyes has that sown up. Watford is a job for desperate out of work managers like Hughes Clement Pullis etc. who want 6 months work.

Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I think that Everton would be a better job for CH to go after but it seems that Moyes has that sown up. Watford is a job for desperate out of work managers like Hughes Clement Pullis etc. who want 6 months work.

Everton will never go for a manager like Hughton. Everton like to think they should be challenging for top 6, and spend money on transfers to match. Hughton isn’t at that level, as much as he has achieved for us.

Hé will go to a smaller team who often find themselves around the relegation places. Watford and Southampton are the kind of profile. If he drops to the championship it will have to be a very well run ambitious club - his Championship stock is high and he can be picky.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Everton will never go for a manager like Hughton. Everton like to think they should be challenging for top 6, and spend money on transfers to match. Hughton isn’t at that level, as much as he has achieved for us.

Hé will go to a smaller team who often find themselves around the relegation places. Watford and Southampton are the kind of profile. If he drops to the championship it will have to be a very well run ambitious club - his Championship stock is high and he can be picky.

Exactly this. I've seen a few times that Hughton is holding out for a PL job, but realistically where is there to go?

Not a chance: Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves
Been there done that: Us, Newcastle, Norwich
Very unlikely due to to deluded boards and fans: Everton, West Ham
Unlikely to sack manager any time soon: Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheff U, Palace, Villa
Leaves: Watford (basket-case club) and Saints

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Contract agreed and will be at their match tomorrow, will certainly bring some personality to the job doubt much else
You’ve got to have some sympathy for Watford supporters

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Exactly this. I've seen a few times that Hughton is holding out for a PL job, but realistically where is there to go?

Not a chance: Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves
Been there done that: Us, Newcastle, Norwich
Very unlikely due to to deluded boards and fans: Everton, West Ham
Unlikely to sack manager any time soon: Burnley, Bournemouth, Sheff U, Palace, Villa
Leaves: Watford (basket-case club) and Saints

The to most realistic this season are West Ham and Southampton - CH has connections with the West Ham hierarchy. Ings is knocking goals in for Southampton - when you have a striker who is doing that consistently then you tend to pick up enough points to get out of trouble. Southampton could beat Newcastle and I think West Ham could beat Arsenal this weekend - and that could give WHU a bit of confidence - it would also clog things up from 7th down.

I will tell you a job that might interest him if it comes up - Middlesbrough - Gibson is very patient with his managers and is willing to spend money - but Woodgate has been an absolute disaster - there is a decent squad but the team are totally undisciplined (lots of yellow and red cards) and they are an absolute sh*t-show at the back.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Now there is a manager who is a dinosaur - and not a particularly nice guy either.

What's not to like?

pearson.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The to most realistic this season are West Ham and Southampton - CH has connections with the West Ham hierarchy. Ings is knocking goals in for Southampton - when you have a striker who is doing that consistently then you tend to pick up enough points to get out of trouble. Southampton could beat Newcastle and I think West Ham could beat Arsenal this weekend - and that could give WHU a bit of confidence - it would also clog things up from 7th down.

I will tell you a job that might interest him if it comes up - Middlesbrough - Gibson is very patient with his managers and is willing to spend money - but Woodgate has been an absolute disaster - there is a decent squad but the team are totally undisciplined (lots of yellow and red cards) and they are an absolute sh*t-show at the back.

Gibson is a decent chairman, but bottom of the Championship is a big step down from Brighton and the town and people of Middlesbrough is a colossal step down. Can't see it.

I don't think he's in a hurry

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Pearson's press conferences at Leicester towards the end of his time there were priceless. Like something scripted from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant. Hopefully he's still as spiky.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here