Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Personally I’m really getting sick of the dogs abuse he’s been getting. Today I thought he was very good got forward when he could he kept mane and Robertson relatively quiet all afternoon.
Last week too I thought he was one of our better players. He’s not had a right midfielder/winger to gel with as they mostly change weekly he’s said his English isn’t the best but getting better. I’m definitely an mm fan and think he’ll do us proud

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He’s an ok full back but doesn’t come close to Bruno for me. If we want to be pushing up the league I personally think we need better. Think Burn At LB is a much bigger issue for us right now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is a good player but lots of us suggested he needed competition in that area in the summer. Unfortunately we’ve been proved right - he’s on the whole average tbh, at the next level prem league we’re trying to be...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would not take any notice of what a lot of "fans" say about our players. We have a lot of fans who are notoriously terrible at judging players and understanding what they do. See Barnes, Navarro, Butters, Ryan, Murray, Wood, Stephens, Propper...I would go on but I would be here all week.

It's always been that way: McNab, Gregory.....

It is even more the case when a player replaces a club legend as regardless of the new players ability, the rose coloured spectacles are never removed.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
He is what he is. Unspectacular but most of the time effective. I like him and Burn, but we have no chance of reaching top 10 with them as full backs

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
He doesn't have the quality of Bruno but does a job.

Like others, he does get caught out from time to time but he also makes decent contributions too.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
He doesn't have the quality of Bruno but does a job.

Like others, he does get caught out from time to time but he also makes decent contributions too.
agreed big burn worries me, when's Berny back?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Good player. One of the best full-backs we've ever had, but in one of the best teams we've ever had, he is a weak link. If we want to be a top ten team I think we need an upgrade. That's not dog's abuse, it's an opinion.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think his problem is he's average. Not a bad player but not a particularly good one either just average. Which is fine but will need to be upgraded if we are to keep progressing. He's not a liability by any means.

On the other side of defence I cannot wait to get Bernardo back. Give him a few games to get fitness and back up to speed and I think he'll be excellent in a Potter team. A proper attacking left back.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think his problem is he's average. Not a bad player but not a particularly good one either just average. Which is fine but will need to be upgraded if we are to keep progressing. He's not a liability by any means.

On the other side of defence I cannot wait to get Bernardo back. Give him a few games to get fitness and back up to speed and I think he'll be excellent in a Potter team. A proper attacking left back.

Basically this. I have no issue but he is suffering from having no competition and as I've said before, I'd be surprised if we don't pick up another RB in the Jan window.

Fully agree re: Bernardo. I like Burn but he isn't a left back..Though the fact he is in ahead of the likes of Bong says a lot.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Basically this. I have no issue but he is suffering from having no competition and as I've said before, I'd be surprised if we don't pick up another RB in the Jan window.

Fully agree re: Bernardo. I like Burn but he isn't a left back..Though the fact he is in ahead of the likes of Bong says a lot.

The thing I like most about burn is he’s deceptively good at crossing I’d go so far as to say he’s put more dangerous crosses in than anyone else down that side

Agreed he’s a competent, average performer for this level. He’s attracted criticism this season because in some games he’s been well below average. If he was back to being average/competent yesterday, I don’t know if that’s huge reason not to want squad strengthening. And I don’t think the Greyhound is an alternative

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some exaggeration in defending MM too. He’s not great. He has had some very good games, and other games where his weakness (a lack of pace in defending against pacey wide-men, also positioning/judgement) are cruelly exposed). He can’t help the lack of pace, so no need to criticise him spitefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here