Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where would you be looking to strengthen in January?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don’t think I would look to replace anyone really. We have a good squad and certainly one that can keep us in the division.

The interesting time will be in the summer, when I assume they will look to bring white back and it wouldn’t surprise me if Duffy goes the opposite way to Leeds.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The window gets ever closer...

I still think the only singing will be a central midfielder - Glen Kamara and Josh Brownhill being the 2 most linked.

And maybe another player for the future who needs a work permit.

Also I'm convinced Jan Mlakar will be recalled from QPR as the loan hasn't exactly worked out.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If a long term target becomes available we’ll move in Jan otherwise I expect the below in the summer.

My thoughts:
In
A striker - Murray’s replacement, likely to smash our transfer record
A striker - Andone’s replacement (I do not think it was ever the plan to let him go) this one needs to be in Jan and could be a loan.
Centre mid
Mooy - permanent
Izzy replacement
Out (Jan)
Bissouma - loan (he needs games)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd be looking to strengthen in the Bruno Muriel department.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A lack of signings last January could have played a part in our poor run, bringing in another option may help some players to raise their game a little. It could be worth spending a little especially if one of our long term targets becomes available, ideally a new striker younger than Maupey

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A lack of signings last January could have played a part in our poor run, bringing in another option may help some players to raise their game a little. It could be worth spending a little especially if one of our long term targets becomes available, ideally a new striker younger than Maupey
Maupay is 23.
Boy Man Connolly is about 12.

You want to go younger, are you a former Radio One DJ?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A defensive midfielder.

In Alzate, Mooy, Propper, Bissouma and Gross we’ve got some real quality ball playing, creative and dynamic centre midfield options now, they just don’t have the quality alongside them to give them back up. Stephens was really poor again today as he was against United and usually is against good opposition. Can just about hold his own against the likes of Norwich and Watford but if we’re going to progress, we need to improve there.

Great servant and has had some decent games this season but time to move on and if Baluta isn’t ready, we need to bring someone in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A defensive midfielder.

In Alzate, Mooy, Propper, Bissouma and Gross we’ve got some real quality ball playing, creative and dynamic centre midfield options now, they just don’t have the quality alongside them to give them back up. Stephens was really poor again today as he was against United and usually is against good opposition. Can hold his own against the likes of Norwich and Watford but if we’re going to progress, we need to improve there.

Great servant and has had some decent games this season but time to move on and if Baluta isn’t ready, we need to bring someone in.
I'm not entirely sure how you can watch that game, bounce this thread and not write striker.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Two decent holding midfield who don’t give the ball away like Stephens and Propper ,
At least one fullback who is strong and has pace
And one forward
That should do

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Striker. Creative midfielder. Right back. Left back. Goalkeeper, apart from that I think we’re probably alright. Maybe we can get someone in who does qualify for a work permit even.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Striker. Creative midfielder. Right back. Left back. Goalkeeper, apart from that I think we’re probably alright. Maybe we can get someone in who does qualify for a work permit even.

What’s wrong with Ryan?

Take a guess as I’ll assume you don’t know, how many keepers in the Premier League this season have saved more on target shots than Ryan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here