• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I'm sorry, but I've read that article and nowhere in that article does it give evidence of Labour front benchers being anti-semitic ? I have seen lots of articles about the problems that Labour has with anti-semitism including a few examples of some of the half a million members saying or doing anti-semitic things.

But that wasn't what you said. You said

to which I asked

So, i'll try again. If the Labour front benches are full of ant-semites could you please name some anti-semite Labour front benchers with examples of their anti-semitic words or actions. If your statement that the 'front benches are full' is true, it really shouldn't be that hard :shrug:

Labour is rife with anti Semitism. The 'front bench' are (supposedly) in charge of the party. They are the leaders (supposedly). Actions speak louder than words. Corbyn (front bench leader etc) is not dealing with anti Semitism and when the Chief Rabii makes a statement to say anti Semitism in labour is "a new poison - sanctioned from the very top", trying to argue semantics rather than accept the serious problem of racism is exactly the problem

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Labour is rife with anti Semitism. The 'front bench' are (supposedly) in charge of the party. They are the leaders (supposedly). Actions speak louder than words. Corbyn (front bench leader etc) is not dealing with anti Semitism and when the Chief Rabii makes a statement to say anti Semitism in labour is "a new poison - sanctioned from the very top", trying to argue semantics rather than acrcept the serious problem of racism is exactly the problem

I said that I read the article. I asked you to provide some evidence of front benches anti-semitism. You just keep repeating the same thing, but don't provide any :shrug:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Warning from the chief rabbi yesterday about the danger of Corbyn. Unprecedented, the chief rabbi in over 150 years has never taken sides in a general election. It’s got that bad.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Twitter in overdrive about Chief Rabbi this morn.

A mixture of Jews saying I told you so.

Other Jews saying Rabbi doesn't speak for them.

Others providing evidence Rabbi is pro Tory activist and good friend if Boris Johnson.

Others, both Jews and None Jews repeating it is "unprecedented" for someone like this to involve themselves in British politics.

My first thought objectively speaking, was it's also "unprecedented" for any possible prime mister to be so publicly pro Palestinian rights.

My second thought was that although I know anti semitism does exist, the Rabbi text is devoid of example and mostly opinionated.

My third thought was that Corbyn has campaigned against all forms of racism his entire life where as Johnson has not.

My fourth thought is that there is more racist behaviour and antisemitism in the Conservative party than in Labour.

My fifth thought is that the people mentioning this are accused of whataboutery, including by the Jewish Robert Peston, who surely does know about Tory antisemitism as well as Labour.

My last thought, is that whataboutery is the latest tool to shut down any critism whether it be legitimate or legitimate of the Rabbis comments, and actually any racism debates that come out.

Happy Tuesday every body!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Twitter in overkill about Chief Rabbi this morn.

A mixture of Jews saying I told you so.

Other Jews saying Rabbi doesn't speak for them.

Others providing evidence Rabbi is pro Tory activist and good friend if Boris Johnson.

Others, both Jews and None Jews repeating it is "unprecedented" for someone like this to involve themselves in British politics.

My first thought objectively speaking, was it's also "unprecedented" for any possible prime mister to be so publicly pro Palestinian rights.

My second thought was that although I know anti semitism does exist, the Rabbi text is devoid of example and mostly opinionated.

My third thought was that Corbyn has campaigned against all forms of racism his entire life where as Johnson has not.

My fourth thought is that there is more racist behaviour and antisemitism in the Conservative party than in Labour.

My fifth thought is that the people mentioning this are accused of whataboutery, including by the Jewish Robert Peston, who surely does know about Tory antisemitism as well as Labour.

My last thought, is that whataboutery is the latest tool to shut down any critism whether it be legitimate or legitimate of the Rabbis comments, and actually any racism debates that come out.

Happy Tuesday every body!

Many thanks for sharing your many Tuesday thoughts.

Still, the idea of Twitter being in overkill rather than overdrive does bring a fuzzy warmth.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Warning from the chief rabbi yesterday about the danger of Corbyn. Unprecedented, the chief rabbi in over 150 years has never taken sides in a general election. It’s got that bad.

Tory supporter, friend of Johnson, no facts or exemplum, just opinion. This stinks.
As it happens I am very sceptical about Corbyn’s ability to lead but religious leaders should butt out of politics.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Of course racism (particular anti Muslim) exists in the Conservative party, but that is down to pure ignorance. The Labour problem is far more complicated than that, more ideological and they simply haven't done enough to stamp it out.

Oh right. Is Boris Johnson, who studied at Eton and Oxford, being ignorant or is he is fully aware of what he's doing when he writes articles about muslim women looking like letterboxes and calls black people piccaninnies?

Edit: for balance yes Labour does have an issue with anti-semitism. Whether the Chief Rabbi should come down so harshly against them over the whiter than white Tories is questionable, though, to say the least.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Probably what so many said throughout Europe during the 1930s and beyond. For goodness sake, argue the good points about labour but don’t defend anti semitism. Defence and denial is what gives oxygen to the haters. I’m sure you’re that’s not what you intend

I am saying that any antisemitism in Labour does not extend to the front bench, the criticism is that not enough has been done to stamp it out by the senior members of the party, not that they are antisemites themselves, the issue is real, it has not been dealt with properly, but the extent is overstated. The Jewish Chronicle had a headline a week or so ago that 87% of Jewish people think Corbyn is antisemitic, but they offered no real evidence that he is, just that Jewish people believe it, and that is quite different.
Do you genuinely feel UK Jews are likely to be in danger, or at greater risk, if there is a Labour Government?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Do you genuinely feel UK Jews are likely to be in danger, or at greater risk, if there is a Labour Government?

The chief Rabbi seems to think there is :

"the overwhelming majority of British Jews are gripped by anxiety" at the prospect of a Labour victory in 12 December's general election.

It's been brushed under the carpet for too long (as has Islamophobia in the Tory Party)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Archbishop of Canterbury has in the last hour tweeted a message in a show of support for the chief Rabbi. Please remember that the argument that the Conservatives have a few issues themselves of isolated racism does not mean that the widespread , institutional and accepted anti Semitic language and mindset within labour under Corbyn can somehow be excused, it can’t.

Tradionally the majority of Jewish people voted labour just like in America where most voted democrat. This has only changed since Corbyn took over as leader. Historically there were no major issues with anti Semitic behaviour within the Labour Party.

Robert Peston who is Jewish but very rarely mentions his religion has tweeted today about how bad it has got for the chief rabbi to make such a statement. Traditionally the chief rabbi has sent goodwill messages to all PM’s in this country be it labour or Tory so the insinuation that he only supports Tory PM’s is not true.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The chief Rabbi seems to think there is :

"the overwhelming majority of British Jews are gripped by anxiety" at the prospect of a Labour victory in 12 December's general election.

It's been brushed under the carpet for too long (as has Islamophobia in the Tory Party)

He’s talking shit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1199243646324953088[/TWEET]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Archbishop of Canterbury has in the last hour tweeted a message in a show of support for the chief Rabbi. Please remember that the argument that the Conservatives have a few issues themselves of isolated racism does not mean that the widespread , institutional and accepted anti Semitic language and mindset within labour under Corbyn can somehow be excused, it can’t.

Tradionally the majority of Jewish people voted labour just like in America where most voted democrat. This has only changed since Corbyn took over as leader. Historically there were no major issues with anti Semitic behaviour within the Labour Party.

Robert Peston who is Jewish but very rarely mentions his religion has tweeted today about how bad it has got for the chief rabbi to make such a statement. Traditionally the chief rabbi has sent goodwill messages to all PM’s in this country be it labour or Tory so the insinuation that he only supports Tory PM’s is not true.

A few issues? Isolated? The PRIME MINISTER called Muslim women letterboxes and talks of watermelon smiles and picaninnies.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
From the Chief Rabbi:

Quote:
“I am delighted to congratulate Boris Johnson, a longstanding friend and champion of the Jewish community, on becoming the next leader of the Conservative Party and our next Prime Minister. As he accepts upon himself the mantle of responsibility to lead our nation, may he be blessed with the wisdom to successfully navigate the political uncertainties we face and bring healing and prosperity to our great country.”

Funny how this comes after the Labour manifesto's intent to ban arms to Israel ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here