Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trossard

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it is worth remembering that only 2 players in the Premier League have created more goal scoring opportunities than Pascal, Kevin de Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold are those 2 players. I think Groß’s lack of mobility can be misleading, because he doesn’t launch blistering counter attacks doesn’t mean he’s not having a big impact on the game.

Totally agree. He’ll continue to play whilst he continues to create so many chances. He did have an absolute shocker yesterday though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry Bozza but this stat doesn’t cut it for me. So Gross has created 5 big chances but it’s a 95 minute game and I struggle to think what else he brings to the team performance.

Gross is completely integral to most of our play going forward - that's what he "brings to the team performance". He's probably the most intelligent player we've got - both with and without the ball.

My belief is that with Trossard fit, we'll likely revert to one up front, as was the case in two of Trossard's three starts before his injury.

Based on that, my guess would be that Trossard comes in for Connolly against Norwich.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it is worth remembering that only 2 players in the Premier League have created more goal scoring opportunities than Pascal, Kevin de Bruyne and Trent Alexander-Arnold are those 2 players. I think Groß’s lack of mobility can be misleading, because he doesn’t launch blistering counter attacks doesn’t mean he’s not having a big impact on the game.

I’ve provided more thoughts on this in post #77, but if we can accommodate both of them then it probably has to be at the expense of Connolly or Maupay as neither Gross or Trossard are the sort of players to play in the Stephens or Propper midfield role.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Gross is completely integral to most of our play going forward - that's what he "brings to the team performance". He's probably the most intelligent player we've got - both with and without the ball.

My belief is that with Trossard fit, we'll likely revert to one up front, as was the case in two of Trossard's three starts before his injury.

Based on that, my guess would be that Trossard comes in for Connolly against Norwich.

I don’t disagree with you that to accommodate both Gross and Trossard then Connolly would be the most likely person to make way and we revert to playing 1 up top.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sorry Bozza but this stat doesn’t cut it for me. So Gross has created 5 big chances but it’s a 95 minute game and I struggle to think what else he brings to the team performance. If Trossard had the same amount of game time I wouldn’t bet against him achieving that same stat if not better. At least 1 of those 5 chances created would have been the free kick for Webster’s goal at Villa, but Trossard has shown he is just as good, if not better, at delivering good set pieces and could have equally taken that free kick. Trossard chalked up 1 big chance created in just the 15 min spell he was on yesterday for our winning goal !

While we’re talking stats, do you know which Brighton player had the lowest pass completion rate yesterday?

Trossard, at just 55.6%, compared to Gross’s 65% and Stephens 83%.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Particularly as Connolly might have a nasty ankle injury :whistle:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I am still trying to understand wha5 Propper does for the team , he has no pace , does not create many chances , He is not a ball winner , does not score goals , his control for a Dutch player is not very good , gives the ball away far too many times , he will be lucky to stay in the team

Oh my god [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
While we’re talking stats, do you know which Brighton player had the lowest pass completion rate yesterday?

Trossard, at just 55.6%, compared to Gross’s 65% and Stephens 83%.

Difficult to pay much too much attention to this stat because they didn’t have an equal / similar amount of time on the pitch so the number of passes attempted by each player isn’t comparable which distorts the percentages.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Trossard didn’t play in that either yet people still want him back in the side. Your argument is so weak.

Against Villa, when down to 10 men Propper gave the ball away time and time again, inviting pressure on which eventually cost us. Against Everton he was poor too. When he plays well I think he’s great. But he hasn’t played well for a while now. As such, no way should he be an automatic choice.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Against Villa, when down to 10 men Propper gave the ball away time and time again, inviting pressure on which eventually cost us. Against Everton he was poor too. When he plays well I think he’s great. But he hasn’t played well for a while now. As such, no way should he be an automatic choice.

Think this stat has enough game time to be valid.

Propper’s pass accuracy rate against Villa was 87%, only Stephens and Dunk had higher, you’re wrong and you just don’t rate him...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Propper, the new Stephens for the must have a bete noire fans.

It will move to Scheletto if he gets a run though

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Think this stat has enough game time to be valid.

Propper’s pass accuracy rate against Villa was 87%, only Stephens and a Dunk had higher, you’re wrong and you just don’t rate him...

I am surprised by that. I don’t have an agenda against him, as I said I think he’s great. He certainly makes time on the ball but for me he just doesn’t do enough with it. Maybe his 87% passes were ‘easy’ ones and the 13% were the ones which put us in trouble. Stats do not tell the whole story.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am surprised by that. I don’t have an agenda against him, as I said I think he’s great. He certainly makes time on the ball but for me he just doesn’t do enough with it. Maybe his 87% passes were ‘easy’ ones and the 13% were the ones which put us in trouble. Stats do not tell the whole story.

So do you think Potter would pick him if he only ever made the “easy” pass?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Propper, the new Stephens for the must have a bete noire fans.

It will move to Scheletto if he gets a run though
The joyously happy fans who within the hour of the final whistle, started laying into the MotM award then onto players in general.

Which is why we just can't have nice things.

If I were Mr Bloom I'd just padlock the doors and scream 'f**k all of you miserable, ungrateful, ****s'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Trossard is playing, will we need Ryan?
How adventurous is Potter?

Ryan could have at least bent down, when he had his photo taken with the mascot.

He doesn't help himself. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here