Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you Lawro ....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The mans a no nothing half wit, he even predicted we would lose 0-2 home to Southampton.....oh!

Clairvoyant too clearly, as that result would almost certainly not have happened if we had 11 men for 90 mins (or he just got lucky with the prediction)

I like Lawro he’s just a pessimistic Northerner regarding Brighton, It’s fun reading his predictions about us. Being a lower league PL team predicting we will lose is the easy option but I wish he’d cut out the Brighton 0 most games

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The constant bitching about Lawrenson baffles me. He's from Preston, father played for them and has always supported them. He went on to win countless trophies with Liverpool and always talks with fondness about his time here at the Albion whenever asked. Yet some people get an outraged boner if he doesn't mention us all the time as if he's personally disrespecting them.

Played slightly before my time so I don't look at him through misty eyes like some of you older chaps. Had I seen him play for us I expect my opinions may well be different. However he always refers to himself as Mark Lawrenson ex Liverpool and Preston. He always likes to gloss over the fact that he played for us which is odd given that he is so well regarded down here.

I won't lose any sleep over it I just think he is a bit of a wanker......oh and as others have said shite on the telly but that seems to be a requirement to work on the BBC.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Played slightly before my time so I don't look at him through misty eyes like some of you older chaps. Had I seen him play for us I expect my opinions may well be different. However he always refers to himself as Mark Lawrenson ex Liverpool and Preston. He always likes to gloss over the fact that he played for us which is odd given that he is so well regarded down here.

I won't lose any sleep over it I just think he is a bit of a wanker......oh and as others have said shite on the telly but that seems to be a requirement to work on the BBC.

Fair enough. Did see him play and without doubt the classiest defender I’ve ever seen at the Albion.

I presume the final sentence of your post is a dig at me for being at the BBC so much?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wakey wakey, we have scored in 4 of the 8 League games that we have played this season and in two of those 4 we scored 3. Shake off that inferiority complex, we are a team that now pose a threat in every game, sometimes we haven’t had the quality to bulge the onion bag but we are certainly not Brighton 0 anymore. Lawro may not be ready to predict anything else from us but you as a Brighton fan? Tsk!
You do realise this is a thread discussing Crooks' predictions, not mine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh my Lawro has us down to win, miracles do happen :whistle:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'I've been getting a bit of stick from Brighton fans because I have not tipped them to win yet this season, and Graham Potter's side have obviously done rather better in real life.

They lost to a last-gasp Villa goal last week, but you can see the improvement they have made under Potter and they now offer much more of an attacking threat than they did under their previous manager, Chris Hughton.

Everton got a much-needed win over West Ham last week but they are usually pretty poor on the road.

So I am going to go with a Seagulls win. Brighton fans, don't blame me if I'm wrong'

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great news, he has us down to get well beaten again!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
OH NO!!!!!

Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace (12:30 GMT)

Brighton have not won in 2020, but they are proving hard to beat - they have drawn five of their seven league games this year.

Crystal Palace have not been in great form either but I always thought they could come with a result when they really needed it, and they did that when saw off Newcastle last week to end their long wait for a win.

That stopped the Eagles' slide towards the relegation battle, and now Brighton badly need the same to give themselves a bit of breathing space at the bottom.

I think the Seagulls will do it too - as a derby game, this one is always lively but they have a good record against Palace in the top flight and I have a feeling that will continue.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here