Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre match pubs near the station

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’m organising a work trip for the Everton game and need to find a pub near the station for about 30 people. Needs to be big and welcoming to the uninitiated. I usually drive in a match day so have no idea.

I was thinking the Albert? Thoughts?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Albion fan Brett Mendoza runs the Caxton arms, a cracking boozer for pre match. Get in touch with him and he may even be able to reserve a bit of the pub for you as they have a downstairs area too.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Albion fan Brett Mendoza runs the Caxton arms, a cracking boozer for pre match. Get in touch with him and he may even be able to reserve a bit of the pub for you as they have a downstairs area too.

Yeah I reckon the Caxton is a good shout as it isn't as "obvious" as the other pubs close to the station and you are pretty unlikely to get away fans in there

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
The Nelson has plenty of space since the extension, as Wilko says, the Caxton's good, The Albert is probably best from an atmosphere point of view but can get a bit crowded.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The outside Harvey's bars followed by the concourse!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think you'll struggle finding anywhere with room for 30 on match days. Though at least with The Albert you can stand out the front if it is crowded.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
King and Queen ???

Good shout, plenty of room in there but a bit of a walk back to the station. You could get the 25 bus to the ground but, please, if 30 of you are getting the bus, let me know the time so I can get an earlier one ???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Caxton is a great shout. I think it’s between that and the Albert. Thanks
Is "The Caxton" good for Albion games on TV?

I need somewhere near the station to meet a friend and watch the Arsenal game on Dec 3rd.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pretty sure they don't have Sky/BT
Thanks for info. What would be the best bet near the station? There is at least one option on the right as you come out of the front of the station but I don't know the names of those pubs.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for info. What would be the best bet near the station? There is at least one option on the right as you come out of the front of the station but I don't know the names of those pubs.

The New Unity on London Road could be an option. You just walk out the back on the station and down to London Road.

Or the Duke of Wellington.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That pub on the right is the Railway - it has Sky (I think), but its a bit of a scrum in there.

I'd probably head for the Welly (Upper Gloucester Rd) as Chappers says.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The New Unity on London Road could be an option. You just walk out the back on the station and down to London Road.

Or the Duke of Wellington.

Yep - I've watched us on Sky when an away game's been televised in the Welly. Great pub and screens all round it. Probably not even 5 mins walk from the station.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is "The Caxton" good for Albion games on TV?

I need somewhere near the station to meet a friend and watch the Arsenal game on Dec 3rd.
The Arsenal v Albion game is on December 5th.

And it is on Amazon Prime - so I've no idea how that stacks up with watching it in the pub.

Actually, you are ok - it appears to be on BT Sport as well

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Arsenal v Albion game is on December 5th.

And it is on Amazon Prime - so I've no idea how that stacks up with watching it in the pub.

Actually, you are ok - it appears to be on BT Sport as well
Even better info... did it move from the 3rd or did I just get that completely wrong?

Anyway, thanks all. For future reference it seems "The Welly" is the place to go...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here