Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 5th October 2019
Kick-off: 12:30 BST
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Marc Perry, Simon Bennett
Fourth official: Robert Jones
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Assistant VAR: Andrew Halliday

TEAM NEWS

Brighton are boosted by the return of Solly March, Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Leon Balogun from injury.

Davy Propper is again doubtful with the hamstring problem that saw him miss out last weekend, while Leandro Trossard, Shane Duffy and Bernardo remain absent.

Tottenham will be without banned right-back Serge Aurier after his sending off against Southampton last Saturday.

Ryan Sessegnon suffered an injury setback in training and remains sidelined, as does Giovani Lo Celso.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Simon Brotherton: Tottenham's players may still be feeling fragile following Tuesday's humiliating and club record home defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich but they have to get back to business quickly against Brighton.

The concern for them is that losing - albeit nowhere nearly as badly as in midweek - has become a theme. If you include two EFL Cup exits on penalties, Spurs have lost 17 of 39 games in 2019, which is remarkable for a side who finished fourth in the Premier League last May and reached the Champions League final.

They're travelling to face a team in Brighton who aren't in great form themselves. The Seagulls are without a league win since the opening day, and have scored just twice since then.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Graham Potter: "We know we have to play well this weekend. I was at their [Tottenham's] game with Bayern Munich on Tuesday. They were impressive early on before their opposition were clinical.

"Our fans have been brilliant so far and got behind the team. They know each game at this level is a battle and we want to give them something to get behind in the game."

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "It is normal that a game [such as the defeat to Bayern] creates a lot of opinion. There is no doubt we are staying together and we are going to find the way to be successful again.

"I really believe. I have no doubt the players always want to do their best to win."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Tottenham have lost just twice to Brighton in their past 16 meetings in all competitions (W11, D3).
    [*=left]Spurs completed the league double over Albion last season, with both wins by a single-goal margin.
    [*=left]The Seagulls' last victory over Tottenham was a 2-1 home win in the top flight in April 1983.
    [*=left]Tottenham have scored in all but one of their previous 17 league and cup matches against Brighton.

Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are winless in six league games (D3, L3) since their 3-0 victory at Watford on the opening weekend of the season.
    [*=left]Including last season, the Seagulls have won only one of their last 16 league matches (D6, L9).
    [*=left]They have scored just twice in their last five Premier League fixtures.
    [*=left]Brighton are without a home victory in a club record-equalling eight top-flight games (D3, L5), since March's 1-0 triumph against Huddersfield.
    [*=left]A league-high five of Brighton's seven fixtures have been level at half-time.
    [*=left]The Amex Stadium is the only Premier League ground without a first-half goal this term.

Tottenham

• [*=left]Tottenham have won just once in five games in all competitions and have conceded 12 goals in the process.
    [*=left]They have accrued only 22 points from their last 19 Premier League matches (W6, D4, L9).
    [*=left]Their tally of 11 points after seven matches is their lowest since Mauricio Pochettino's first season in charge in 2014-15 (also 11).
    [*=left]Spurs are winless in nine league away games (D2, L7) - they had previously won nine of 10 on the road.
    [*=left]Tottenham are without an away clean sheet in 10 league matches, dating back to January.
    [*=left]Spurs' last nine Premier League goals have all been scored before half-time.
    [*=left]Tanguy Ndombele has scored two goals in his first five Premier League appearances.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Think we will score today. 1-2 defeat conceding 89th goal after playing well again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Spurs are winless in nine league away games (D2, L7)
Tottenham are without an away clean sheet in 10 league matches, dating back to January.

It's records like this I hate seeing - we seem to always be the go to team to break these kind of stats.... :FFSPuncheon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As otherwise known:-

The BG Derby.

Celebrated on his birthday - There can be no losers today.
It's what half and half scarfs, shirts and facepainting was made for.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Are we going to stick with the strategy of passing the ball across our own goal repeatedly?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Dan Burn to continue with his rich vein of form in key moments. This week he’ll give away a penalty before being sent off as Britain’s unluckiest footballer headlines once again. Next week, Dan Burn breaks down on way to match in mobile phone signal black spot...

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Enjoy the game. May the best team on the day win. Love these games at BHA....still chilling and don't need to leave for an hour.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
kick 'em while they're down. I wouldn't normally advocate such behaviour, but it's the best chance we'll have against them. We need to be ruthless, not toothless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here