Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Random ex-players you may have forgot played for us

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
48. On the bench for Gillingham the other week

Talking about Simon Royce reminds of an away game, (at Southend l think), where he saved a 2nd hlaf penalty, but was so busy celebrating it with the travelling fans behind the goal, that he didn't realise that the ball was still in play, someone crossed it into the box, and one of our defenders had to clear the ball away from under the crossbar.

Madness!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Tony Nicholas, centre forward in the 60s. Typical of many Brighton players of that era, he gave 100%, but wasn't a prolific goal scorer.

Charlie Baker, Turners Hill native (and I believe still lives there) made over 80 appearances in goal in the early 60s. Wore a flat cap to keep the sun out of his eyes as many goalies did in those days, Good old Charlieeeee was the shout from behind the home goal.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Charlie Baker, Turners Hill native (and I believe still lives there) made over 80 appearances in goal in the early 60s. Wore a flat cap to keep the sun out of his eyes as many goalies did in those days, Good old Charlieeeee was the shout from behind the home goal.

Good shout!
I was racking my brains to try and remember the name of the goalkeeper (other than Bert McGonagle) when I first started watching the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here