Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2019

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought her pitch was poor and her answers from the key questions asked about upscaling the business and retaining the core values of the brand through multiple stores were just waffle, on the pitch and answers to the experts questions the other bint won. She was certainly the best candidate though overall.

Exactly my thoughts, her pitch was very poor as were her answers to the questions, but she was helped massively by the product and an excellent TV ad.

It's slightly interesting that Lord Sugar ended his business relationship with Alana Spencer earlier this year. She won 2016 series and had a similar product in her cake business Ridiculously Rich.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly my thoughts, her pitch was very poor as were her answers to the questions, but she was helped massively by the product and an excellent TV ad.

It's slightly interesting that Lord Sugar ended his business relationship with Alana Spencer earlier this year. She won 2016 series and had a similar product in her cake business Ridiculously Rich.

He also ended his relationship with Joseph and the gas fitting business. I get the impression he doesn't invest long term with any of them. They get the £250K, and benefit of advice from his team, and then a few years later, pulls out after receiving a dividend.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He also ended his relationship with Joseph and the gas fitting business. I get the impression he doesn't invest long term with any of them. They get the £250K, and benefit of advice from his team, and then a few years later, pulls out after receiving a dividend.

Or alternative view - gives them a start up with a cash injection, the advantage of his name and connections, then pulls out when he thinks them capable of looking after their own business interests.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I know he’s still involved with Ricky Martin who won in 2012. That’s one of the recruitment companies
Lord Sugar mentioned he was invested in, but I think that’s the exception rather than the rule.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought her pitch was poor and her answers from the key questions asked about upscaling the business and retaining the core values of the brand through multiple stores were just waffle, on the pitch and answers to the experts questions the other bint won. She was certainly the best candidate though overall.
This. Her pitch was APPALLING despite having the better raw materials to work with

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Carina is a deserving winner based on the whole series, but there can be little doubt Scarlett's pitch was far superior. Her business idea is very niche, though, and I think Lord Sugar didn't really think the market is big enough in the short term. Longer term, I don't doubt she'll get where she wants to be, Carina needed the investment more and the returns are greater and sooner. Her adverts were better as well, good on Thomas for storyboarding the prison sequence - absolute genius from the lad, he's going to do very well if he's half as genuine as he seems.

I thought it was a good series, a few spanners did far better than they should have (Dean and Marianne, mainly...). I only saw You're Hired as I've been waiting for Carina's appearance, what a palaver the presenter is. Not impressed by him at all, or the ridiculous production at the start of the show. It's only the second series where I've picked out a winner based on the profile pictures and the blurb, Yasmina Siadatan was the previous. :love:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some women do themselves no favours. Spend time bleating about equality and how they can do any thing as well as men. Then spend the entire last two episodes crying and banging on about their pregnancies. Then deliver shit pitches and promos.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really do think, choosing the PERSON rather than the business idea, worked much better.

Karina was a very capable candidate - she did well through the entire series, winning almost everything. She worked well leading and being led, and importantly she was likeable - the people she chose for her team, were delighted to be picked, and genuinely wanted to win for her.

But that all said, she has a little family bakery, that she wants to expand to three shops. We all know that Sralan has got no interest in that, long term. Just give the girl a job, mate.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really do think, choosing the PERSON rather than the business idea, worked much better.

Karina was a very capable candidate - she did well through the entire series, winning almost everything. She worked well leading and being led, and importantly she was likeable - the people she chose for her team, were delighted to be picked, and genuinely wanted to win for her.

But that all said, she has a little family bakery, that she wants to expand to three shops. We all know that Sralan has got no interest in that, long term. Just give the girl a job, mate.

I predict she’ll be ostracised by her family within three years for recklessly forging ahead with trying to create a global brand with 250k and bankrupting a perfectly stable and profitable family bakery. Silly ****.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
New series starting early January BBC1

Sirallen is back however possibly Claude binned off ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here